Front end conversion

KyleODaniel

Hey guys, I recently bought a 05 gmc Sierra, and like the look but I like the looks of my old 05 silverado front end better so I think I want to do a front end SS conversion on it so I was wondering if anyone had information on what all is needed for this, also help with a color choice, either white or a gunmetal gray both will be sitting on 20 matte black reps either way.

Thanks - Kyle

At a minimum you are going to need new headlights/corners, new headlight brackets, New hood, New Grill, New Bumper, SS Bumper Cover, all the bumper brackets. You are also going to need new front fenders since the GMC and Chevys ones are different. Thats all i can tell your for certain. I am sure there are a lot more things than that. It is not a cheap conversion im sure.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Not too long ago I saw 06 oem hood, oem fenders, 06 oem grille for about $700. All you would need after that is the lights ($150 or less used) and the ss front cover and ducts. I would say if you find good used parts and are a bargain shopper you could do it for under $1, 500. Than you could recoup a good bit by selling your front end. It might take a little time this way by piecing it together, but you can save a lot imo.