Cars you like, but hate to admit to your Silverado SS family.

shawnss

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I have always wanted to do was find me an old 50's Caddy or Chevy and keep it all original on the outside but update everything under the hood and inside. Like a LS-1 and 4 speed tranny, a vintage air setup, digital gauge cluster and audio system etc.

One thing I have always wanted to do was find me an old 50's Caddy or Chevy and keep it all original on the outside but update everything under the hood and inside. Like a LS-1 and 4 speed tranny, a vintage air setup, digital gauge cluster and audio system etc.
couldn't agree more on the old caddy. Man I love those things. Ls motor, CLEAN air ride setup, big plush leather seats, and black paint. Damn.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

couldn't agree more on the old caddy. Man I love those things. Ls motor, CLEAN air ride setup, big plush leather seats, and black paint. Damn. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Exactly! All of today's amenities inside a classic Caddy.

I'm a fox body nut.... I've had several and own one now, I just don't like how expensive the small block stuff is if you wanna make power... My current 88 coupe will be getting an lm7/4l60 drivetrain upgrade sometime in 2014, and I'm currently about half way through with the 03 cobra rear suspension swap. Modern obd2 fuel injection, auto, IRS, ac and power steering, looking to have a fun light-ish(that rear suspension is HEAVY) street cruiser with a little bottle tucked in the back for the local cruise in nights.

I'm a fox body nut.... I've had several and own one now, I just don't like how expensive the small block stuff is if you wanna make power... My current 88 coupe will be getting an lm7/4l60 drivetrain upgrade sometime in 2014, and I'm currently about half way through with the 03 cobra rear suspension swap. Modern obd2 fuel injection, auto, IRS, ac and power steering, looking to have a fun light-ish(that rear suspension is HEAVY) street cruiser with a little bottle tucked in the back for the local cruise in nights.

Yo Ice, you still got the 5.0?

I love how Ford rounded the diplacement the wrong way on the old 5.0s. It was 4.94, then I guess since they caught a lot sh\t about it the made sure to get things right for the coyote. Now instead of a 4.949, thay have a 4.951 lol. Still fun cars and I did my very first burnout in a 89 with a holley 4 barrel

I have a spot for what many call "Old Lady Cars"

Like the Buick Lucerne. 85% of all Lucerne buyers were over 65, yet I still think this is a nice car. I drove one as a rental for a week and enjoyed it. It just floated down the highway.

2007_buick_lucerne_cxl_v8-pic-7340875774

I am also a huge fan of the Buick Lacrosse. This is actually one of my favorite vehicles I have ever driven. It has extremely comfortable, had plenty of power, the intellilink was really cool, it had one of the best sound systems. I would seriously consider one for my wife, but I think we are going to get and SUV for her next ride.

2013-buick-lacrosse-photo-videos-exterio

I also like Subaru Outbacks even though they have had a reputation as being a "Lesbian Car"

lead1_2010outbackreview.jpg

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)