Best E-fan Kit?

Hey all,

I have a 2003 silverado SS and I am looking at throwing some e-fans on it and a 145 or 160 amp alternator. I have read a lot on this topic and so far from everything i've read everybody says to go with the HPM or Torrent e-fan kit that I believe Mr. P. was selling on this site? I would like to purchase one of these does anybody know if they are still in the business of selling this kit?? If not what has everybody else done besides buy all the parts separately from gmpartsdirect or a dealer? I'd like to buy a kit. Seems to be less hassle and cheaper IMO. Thanks in advance.

http://www.amazon.com/Silverado-Escalade-Suburban-Avalanche-Cadillac/dp/B0071F5200/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1347070971&sr=8-40&keywords=escalade+fan

Anybody used these or think something like this will work good and move enough air? I ask because I'd like it to be new, if nothing else I will try to find some used ones of a newer vehicle. I have ARH and within a few years plan on putting a radix on my truck. I plan on getting a tune from zippy within the month too so the e-fans will run properly.

The HPM e-fan kit from Sprayed and Mr P are second to none, seen a couple in person at a Dallas meet. Great kit and Danny/Steve are great peeps to work with. My efans also just crapped out (Not HPM) and now i kick myself for not purchasing the kit when I had the chance a few years ago (If you find a used HPM kit somewhere buy it).

I just purchased a kit from PCM for less or now called PCM of NC INC, I have no idea what or how the kit looks/performs as I am overseas right now, but the kit does come with the larger Spal fans. I know Danny and Steve used Spal fans in the HPM kits so thats why I feel comfortable with the PCM of NC kit purchased. I can let you know next month how they are when I get home and get them installed.

The HPM e-fan kit from Sprayed and Mr P are second to none, seen a couple in person at a Dallas meet. Great kit and Danny/Steve are great peeps to work with. My efans also just crapped out (Not HPM) and now i kick myself for not purchasing the kit when I had the chance a few years ago (If you find a used HPM kit somewhere buy it).

I just purchased a kit from PCM for less or now called PCM of NC INC, I have no idea what or how the kit looks/performs as I am overseas right now, but the kit does come with the larger Spal fans. I know Danny and Steve used Spal fans in the HPM kits so thats why I feel comfortable with the PCM of NC kit purchased. I can let you know next month how they are when I get home and get them installed.

Spal fans are good stuff. Im curious of which fan they actually used. I have a feeling that our kit was knocked off by PCM of NC. I really wish we still made them now that the bigger 2082 fans are out there.

Happen to have any pictures of it?

Got my fans off Amazon for 156$. Had them for a year now and they work great super quiet. All you need is a harness. I got a blackbear for 98$ and that's it. You don't need a bigger alt.

I got Dorman replacement fans from summit. I bought the Nelson harness. Worked great. Be sure and order the plugs to plug into the fans. The fans, nor the harness come with them. Those plugs are expensive!!!!!! Like 50$ each at dealer, amd not much cheaper at the auto parts stores. I got mine from a junk yard and still cost me $40. And the alrernator upgrade is a must. My alternator ain't doin too good since I put them on. I did the big 3 and put in an optima yesterday. Helped a bit, but still need an alternator

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Don't worry Sprayed they arnt coppies of HPM. The pictures sent and P/N search found out that they are just the Dorman fans P/N: 620-654. Probably find them cheaper at summit racing. I think I was looking at PCM of NC Trailblazer Spal kit before I ordered and thats why I was thinking they were Spal. The Trailblazer kit they have is of sheetmetal frame and look great so I was like WTF when I received pictures of the Dorman fans lol. I do have to send them back as the mounting brackets have snapped off during shipping. So Sprayed/Mr. P if you are ever going to make another batch of HPM fans I'm down to buying a set and get my money back from these dormans-Just a thought...

Sry SSnewbee for running off topic, but id say if you do buy the dormans order from summit and then buy the harness or get the stuff to make your own harness as stated above.

edit- What I paid and what summit lists them for are about the same price.

Edited by NolletSSS (see edit history)