Radix Questions. Mods, Times, and various things

I will more then likely buy new just to be sure everything is there and brand new. I am very picky towards parts for vehicles. Thanks for the website I may call them soon. Is there a such thing as a 2300 bolt on kit for our trucks?

Yes sir, Eddie (SS truck) just bought a bran new TVS 2300 for his SSS from Brian at the above link. He was 100% satisfied.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sir, Eddie (SS truck) just bought a bran new TVS 2300 for his SSS from Brian at the above link. He was 100% satisfied.

This is why i Love the internet. Thank you all who have responded so far. I will more then likely do a TVS 2300 with full exhaust, Tune, and built tranny. with the cost of the S/C... I may just repair the tranny when it breaks. I will be putting a shift kit and servos in it, and leaving the stock stall for now... unless you guys recommend a stall... This isnt a daily driver so it can break and sit for a bit.

This is why i Love the internet. Thank you all who have responded so far. I will more then likely do a TVS 2300 with full exhaust, Tune, and built tranny. with the cost of the S/C... I may just repair the tranny when it breaks. I will be putting a shift kit and servos in it, and leaving the stock stall for now... unless you guys recommend a stall... This isnt a daily driver so it can break and sit for a bit.

I would 100% recommend a stall if you are going to drop the tranny... A 2800-3400 would be a perfect stall range for a roots style blower like the radix or TVS as the TQ and boost comes on instantly and our heavy trucks would benifit with the higher rpms at launch to get them out of the hole... <--- This is more important to AWD as we have the means to hook up... Being 2WD I still think a 2800-3000 would be perfect if you have the tires and tractuion mods to help you grip and go... There are a few good stall converters out there that are very streetable and you won't tell a difference until you slam on the skinny pedal

stupid question... can the stock lq9 handled the TVS2300?

The stock block, pistons, valvetrain, heads has been proven to handle as much as 22psi of boost on a centri-blower with a very very very good tune... 12's and 11's are very acheivable on stock block configurations with just the mp112 radix heaterbox so with a TVS you should be able to get there a little easier without pushing the blower to its limits as it runs so much more efficient... Don't hack the mp112 though cause its still a very reliable and great power adder and there are ways to make it more efficient if you have the $$$$ and the time and you can pick one up for under $3500 with little miles on it... But to answer your question again, unless you plan on running the smallest TVS pulley you can find and hitting her with a 100 shot of nitrous I wouldn't worry about the LQ9... It is one tough animal and can tank a severe punishment... IMO one of the best stock blocks GM has evert produced as far as durability and abuse threshold, Just remember its is 90% in the tune whether it will last or not....

This^ just to add one piece of info to the above is yes the Radix's are known for creating heat and heat is the enemy for efficiency and power. What I did to combat that is I have an 03/04 Caddy CTS-V heat exchanger behind my grille looped into the Magnuson provided larger heat exchanger that comes with the kits mounted to frame towards front bumper. My IAT's as you'll hear (Internal Ambient Temperature) runs around 115-130 cruising. 140 on boost and comes down quickly because of the extra cooling capacity. So yes there are ways to combat heat with the Radix if you choose that direction.

Also keep in mind that I don't see covered above is that you will also need a new fuel pump. Being 05 you have an in-tank fuel pump. Most guys go with the Walbro 255 or there is also the Walbro 450 but with a TVS 2300 alone the 255 should be enough. If you see in 2003 super sports sig he mentions an in-line fuel pump. That is because only in 2003 the SSS had it "in-line" 2003s also had an actual external fuel filter you could change whereas the 04-06 and 07 classics have a "sock" which is in-tank. The Walbro 255 includes a new sock. You will need to drop the actual gas tank to swap them out or remove the bed like I did.

Also just to clear something up I see you may have a confusion on is tuning. Lets say you buy a new kit, install yourself and use the hand-held supplied programmer to tune. This is only going to tune for the blower, not a converter if also added. You would need to contact a reputable tuner to tune for all your mods.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

yes the handheld might be ok. but you want the best you can possibly have which is a tune done by a reputable tuner. who can change your parameters for your truck as every engine is different.

Thanks for the additional information. I do not mind adding a new fuel pump. I have dropped the tank before to raise my truck back up so its not too hard. Just gotta be low on gas! And looks like I would def get a tune by one of the guys on here whether it be zippy or blackbear. Some great information and I appreciate it 10 fold. Looks like i will also get a stall while building the tranny. This more then likely wont be for a few years, but just wanted to check my options and get my ducks in a row while I can. I like to have every detail planned out to the T so that everything runs smoothly.

I'm sure all that plays a factor, but a lot of blower companys (BDS, Dyers) offer a chart that with say if it's underdriven or overdriven. there's a formula that will tell you the psi and compression your motor will make afterwards. granted those are for huge 6-71 and 8-71 blowers. I think there's a normal supercharger formula as well, course I could be pissing in the wind. lol

I'm looking for about 10 psi max, I have a 3.2 pulley and am about to hook up my stage 3 snow meth kit and would love to get 9-10 psi. granted my motor has about 96,000 miles on the 5.3L and a ATK 6.0L is in the future.

lots of other mods will come in the future, but I'd love to up the boost on the MP112