Radix Questions. Mods, Times, and various things

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.8 on Radix will get you around 7-8lbs.

On a stock block 6.0L 364CI engine you may have an exhaust leak or boost leak with a 2.8" pulley only running 7-8PSI that I would be checking out... I ran 7.5PSI with a 3" pulley and 8.5 with a 2.8" and a big exhaust leak at the headers. I am now 9.5PSI at WOT with my leak fixed... Try using some carb or brake cleaner around you intake and feal under your truck near the fron of the exhaust for leaks....

That small will get me 7-8psi only? I'm running 6psi now on the 3.2 pulley

I am seeing 9-9.5psi on my mp112 with a 2.8"... I also have full exhaust and milled heads with a cam as well as 50/50 meth/water injection... I was only seeing 8-8.5psi until I found an exhaust leak right at my cutouts where my cats used to be, big enough to blow birthday candles out lol... Once I got them welded up I gained a full pound of pressure... On a 5.3L stock block and heads silvy a 2.8" pulley would probably net you 10-11PSI maybe a fraction more... In general, (not for all just a rule of thumb) The more cubic inches you have the less psi you produce with a blower... Thats why if you ever stroked out a LQ9 to a 408 the mp112 won't be able to do enough to really gain alot without overspinning the blower to death... Boost is a measurment in restriction and how efficiently something runs... I could write a book report on boost and restriction and how efficiency effects boost and so on LOL... Pretty simple comparison for you on what to expect from a mp112 with bolt ons from 3 diffrent engines same size 2.8" pulley-- 5.3L= 10-11PSI, 6.0L=9-10PSI, 6.6L=6-7PSI... These are not 100% accurate numbers just examples to show you how CI can affect boost...

Rule of thumb for TQ convertor choice is to find when your TQ curve starts kicking in real strong and stall at that speed... So with Turbos, and centri-superchargers I would recommend a 3400+ stall, as turbos and centri's tend to make there power at higher rpms such as the term turbo lag comes in... If you go Roots blower like a mp112, mp122, TVS1900, TVS 2300, Whipple, ect... I would stall at 2800-3600 as roots are pretty much direct port superchargers and boost and power TQ comes in instantly with throttle.

(FYI for NA application your cam and heads will also determine your stall speed... IMHO I would only do a stall below 3400 if I had a roots blower, but with everything else I would do a 3400+ and to be completely honost I wish I would have gone with a 3200-3400 stall instead of a 3000 with my current list of mods...)

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I do think I have an exhaust leak. Because there's always a poodle of condensation that leaks from underneath my driver's header which seems odd and out of place.

Gotta call animal control for that poodle. Lol

I got a big exhaust leak you can hear mine right where the header ends

Gotta call animal control for that poodle. Lol

I got a big exhaust leak you can hear mine right where the header ends

LOL^

*puddle of water

off topic but I so deserve the correction, I rip on people on FaceBook for mis-spellings, more out of humor. It's like how do they come up with that spelling or words?

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Once you fix your "poodle problem" :crackup: ... You will finally start seeing some 9's hopefully for PSI on that 2.8" Just start the truck and climb underneath her and feel around near the welds and bolt ups... You can even use a lighter to find really small leaks lol... Dont forget to check the headers themselves to make sure its not a gasket... If no leak is detected use the brake cleaner method around your intake... Let us know if it helped you or not...

my experience with the radix 112 was very good i had it for like 4 years. excellent daily driver blower with great power. IATS were a bit high and got annoying at the track but if your going for mid 12s to high 11s this blower can see you there. i ran 12.41 with mine before i went to the procharger the. low end torque was awesome and the fact that the blower requires nearly NO maintenance at all makes it good for daily's. i believe the first oil change is at 100k miles according to the owners manual lol. if your looking for a newer unit go for a TVS 1900 or 2300 they both have greater power potential over the 112 and are direct bolt on kits. now if you want even better power potential with better IATS and a way cooler sound go with procharger :coold:

now what you should do before installing the blower: (if you go 112)

- get #60 injectors as the swap is a nightmare once you install the blower it is near impossible to get the last fuel rail bolt on the J tube side. even if your not running the 2.8 pulley off the bat i would still do this swap so down the road if you decide to pulley down you will be set.

- get the 90mm jtube and LS2 TB with an X link because installing the jtube while the blower is off will make your life 10x easier.

- definitely do a shift kit servos to your trans at least. my stock trans lasted 6 months behind my 112 when i had it with the 2.8 pulley