Water Leak in Cab

Brentd

Hey guys..little help please. I know most of you have ec trucks and it has been years since i have had an ec, so i cant remember if it is the same, but maybe yall can help. I have a cc, and since the day i bought it if it rains hard, like torrential rain or a long period of rain i have been finding a small amount of water leaking around the c- pillar plastcs, upper seatbelt mount, that will get the carpet a little bit wet. Before you send me on the sunroof goose chase i read on another forum that the drains ran down the c pillars so i started ripping out the plastics and found a huge lack of drains..after an hour of looking i found out they are actually in my b pillars. I took weedeater string and rodded them out just as a precautionary to avoid the horror stories that are associated with our sunroof and shot some low pressure air through them to be on the safe side. I then read it could be the third brake light so i applied silicone to the weathered gasket on the back of it and put some silicone in the holes before bolting it back down....the only guess i have is the cab corners, what exactly is under those short little strips of weather seal on the tops of the cab corners? Help, i have done a good job of soaking up any water i just dont want it to happen when i am away for a week in the maxima and it end up making the truck smell like ****!

There should be water channels that run from the back of the cab to the front A pillar Otherwise the only other thing can be the door seal at the top of the door. Those can dry out and they end up keeping the squished shape that the pressure of the door creates. that can let water in. The one thing with any type of water leak is water will find a way in, even if you cant see the problem. This is what i would do.

Get inside you truck with a towel. have buddy hose down the doors etc, anywhere with a rubber seal. Watch for water.

Could also be the rear window leaking. I have a buddy w/ an 05' CC 2500HD that just had to have his rear window re-sealed due to the gasket material drying out causing the leak.

It rained not too long ago leaving the bar. A buddy in the back seat said he saw water leaking down the rear window on the passenger side. Ill have to check this out as well.