silver paint for grille inserts?

bassmaster

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, that may work. since you wont be able to see the ties, and ill have to adjust the insert when i add fogs anyway. does the lower bumper insert fully come out by itself? looked like it was two bolts and several push pins along the bottom side of it

hmm, that may work. since you wont be able to see the ties, and ill have to adjust the insert when i add fogs anyway. does the lower bumper insert fully come out by itself? looked like it was two bolts and several push pins along the bottom side of it

Lower grille does not have bolts(at least mine didn't ) it has 2 pins on top and 5 on bottom I believe but those are a PITA to remove. Just take your time and be careful. And yes it does fully come out.

As for the zip ties just use some medium sized grey/silver ones.either way before it would show those weird clips. the zip ties actually clean it up a bjt

As for the zip ties just use some medium sized grey/silver ones.either way before it would show those weird clips. the zip ties actually clean it up a bjt

Sooo it's 11:30pm and I JUST finished everything :D :D from what I can tell with my phone light outside it looks sick! Can't wait to see it tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get home from work before it's dark out for some pics

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Recap.. I cleaned em off with dawn wash and a rag, then ipa wipedown with towel & q - tips. Let dry, 3 coats of adhesive promoter, with 2.5mins in between each coat. 5 mins after the last coat I did one paint coat. Let dry for 1hr & 15min. Hit with second paint coat. Same dry time, then 3 layers of flat clear coat with 5 mins dry time in between. PICS ;

my top notch drying rack

hysanutu.jpg

This fgt took forever to tape up

janyma5a.jpg

Half/half with one coat

du7aqy5e.jpg

What the back looked like finished. Didn't care about perfection at that point

uvyna7uj.jpg

With no cover on

jerymy2u.jpg

Before.

uhytasyg.jpg

vy3uqu2u.jpg

INSTALLED :D

eheby5u3.jpg

a6aguzu6.jpg

py8equma.jpg

upa4e2y3.jpg

tyre2uma.jpg

With the cover on

ezarehen.jpg

How this silver compares to the stock

4ybasy9e.jpg

Money shot

9y2ejaje.jpg

Overall super stoked how it came out! Especially being my first paint project. Love the contrast to the front and it's flow with the cleared lights/badges/wheels/brake ducts. Sorry they're dirty, shitty ass driveway pics. Maybe I'll get more next wash

Edit. Ignore the dirty af engine bay. Never detailed it yet. And the over spray on the cover was already there

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

Thanks guys!! And I know there's some sort of modding that needs to be done in order to run the fogs, but I Havnt looked into it yet really

Had to clean up the engine finally to go with it lol

zereguqy.jpg

ma7yby8e.jpg