Transfer keeps going out

This is the second time this week that its done this. It drives around town just fine power feels distributed evenly and everything. Thing is when I get on a highway going about 70 it blows all the fluid out of the gap between the transfer and transmission. It makes a bad grinding noise when doing so, the first time it broke the u-joint off the rear axle but this time it looks to be in tact. I'm wondering if anyone has any input, I'm moving in five days and have to drive it five hours to my new house. The transfer was bought about two months ago with 78k on it. Thanks for the input

I just haven't changed my location on here, I'm stationed at fort Stewart ga near savannah and am gonna be movin up to Atlanta next week once I get out but thanks much for the reply brother cause I'm loosin my mind trying to figure out why it would do that.

Wow sounds frustrating! You say it blows fluid out of the gap between the Trans case and transmission? I don't recall their being a gap. It should be sealed with a gasket between the two. I've never heard of a truck just hucking driveshafts like that either... I hope you get this figured! I'm extremely curious.

check to make sure the vent is clear. I am pretty sure there was a vent on the t-case. You don't want to pressure the case up when the heat starts to build up.

Also what do you mean, it throws the u-joint? Is it actually breaking the ujoint or is the shaft coming out of the t-case?

It's blowing the gasket out like building pressure and popping, I know the breather vent is on the driver side which is a hose and a fitting that pops in it but that's clear of debris. Both times it did it it actually pops the caps off the ujoint like that mates the the rear axle. The two clamps that hold the ujoint to the rear diff are fine no damage and are not loose but it still pulls the caps out of it and throws them. I'm moving tonight since my truck is down so I won't be able to dig into it till Sunday but it def seems like its building pressure cause only has happened at around 70ish. Thanks for the help and opinions cause I could use all I can get.

Now that i think about it, did you tighten that top bolt where the T case and trans meet... i know its very hard to get at and tighten to spec. also where did you get the T case gasket from. i remember i went to a few differnent places for the gasket and its a good thing i brought the old one in pieces with me because let me tell you, there are lots of different style gaskets and nobody knew what the hell they were talking about! even GM wanted to sell me the wrong one! you may have got the wrong one. or you couldve had a piece of the gasket stuck to the mating surface and is causing a leak condition...

ps my laptop is being a pos and wont let me make question marks, sorry for the crappy grammar.

I bought cork gasket paper at autozone the first time and the second time I replaced it with water pump rubber type gasket paper, also sold at autozone. I used the rubberized gasket paper over a year ago when I did a rebuild on the transfer the first time and it held up until the chain got loose and I swapped out the transfer. Do you recall where you ended up getting the right gasket? Bc the original is long gone. Thanks for your time.

I did eventually get it from GM. i brought in my old one and the guy was like "oh yeah we got those" good thing i compaired them because they weren't the same. I told him that and he grabbed another from the back with a different part number and it was close but yet again the wrong one, the 3rd time was the charm and it was the correct one, but GM has them. i wish i had the part number, but even if i did GM Canada has different part numbers than GM US.

anyone with the correct part number for that gasket to help this fella? i know its a paper gasket.