Ever wonder how your Silverado SS can be stolen so easily? You have go

MID12sSSS

^^ Thats the way to do it. Let us know when you learn more. Maybe give it a shot and make a write up? :thumbs: haha. Could help save a lot of SSs. Seems like they're going extinct. They're being totalled, parted out, or stolen and stripped on a daily basis it seems...

The link had a virus ? Nothing happened to me , I do have adblock installed on chrome , That site has never gave me any problems !

I'm still trying to get rid of it as we type hahaha. Had to remove Explorer and Chrome and reinstall, seems to be well now. Just have a permanent rundell error upon start up now, oh well. Still acts weird, freezing on me etc.

Im not going to do a write-up because I don't want to advertise to every thief out there how to steal my truck. Anyone of the SSS members that I recognize can PM me and I will tell you how I did it.... I don't want to sound like a dick, I just want to make sure this kill switch is not going to the wrong people..... I should have the info within the next couple weeks.....

^^ Thats the way to do it. Let us know when you learn more. Maybe give it a shot and make a write up? :thumbs: haha. Could help save a lot of SSs. Seems like they're going extinct. They're being totalled, parted out, or stolen and stripped on a daily basis it seems...

Viper alarms are really good and have a lot of cool bells and whistles that are in each model. I would suggest checking out one of their systems.

I agree..I have invested in a Viper Alarm and it has worked out very well for me.

Im not going to do a write-up because I don't want to advertise to every thief out there how to steal my truck. Anyone of the SSS members that I recognize can PM me and I will tell you how I did it.... I don't want to sound like a dick, I just want to make sure this kill switch is not going to the wrong people..... I should have the info within the next couple weeks.....

Can't blame you on that one.

Its real simple guys its not rocket science here. All you need to do is fuse your fuel pump/pumps somewhere where only you know where the fuses are and where you can access them to where you can pull the fuses b4 you get out of the truck . Simple but effective. Truck isn't going to get far with out fuel pumping to the fuel rails.

Ditto. These threads aren't private, any schmuck can view this forum without signing up. I lurk most of the time as a guest. Hell, I even think this thread is a bad idea, just makes that video accessible for more potential thieves to see. I'm very interested in your plan for a kill switch, I'll send you a PM.

Granted, truck thefts aren't as prevalent in Canada IMO as in California/Texas where the truck scene is much bigger, but my #1 gripe about owning and modding a somewhat rare vehicle is the possibility of having it stolen. These trucks catch your eye bone stock, mine even more so as it's lowered, has blacked out windows, loud exhaust, HID's, etc. I never leave my truck anywhere overnight, and I'm always careful as to where I park it. Shit, just reading threads about guys having their tailgates and rear tails stolen makes me cringe. I almost regret getting rid of the locking hard fibreglass tonneau that I had on my wrecked 06 Sierra, but I wanted the bed in the SS to be useful. I hate the look of the aftermarket tailgate handle locks available for our trucks, and it seems that the options available for the passenger side hinge (Jimmi Jammer, McGard lock, Master lock) are all easily defeated with a big fackin pry bar. A popular mod is to install a worm-gear type band clamp onto the hinge, and to weld washers onto the tailgate strap bolts to hopefully deter a potential thief from stealing the tailgate. I want to go so far as to install a smooth painted driver side rear Tahoe/Yukon exterior handle to get rid of the lock cylinder on the driver side door of my truck; thing is, if a thief wants in, they'll get in.

I hate people who can't and don't respect other people's property/vehicles.

Thieves like whay we ware talking about arent going to waste time on this forum reading our grammer school type of talk about what to do to avoid theft. if they do they are laughing. They arent dumb people and will just tow it if they really want it. Im not saying taking preventative measures with a alarm is a bad idea, but if they want it its gone period.

I saw that a while ago, I was upset by it as well. It's amusing how GM (Delphi) spends millions of dollars in developing anti-theft and it's rendered useless with a screwdriver and extra PCM.

- Mr. P. :)

I'd love to see how a new stock PCM would work in my truck and its mods right now lol... The cam, supercharger, heads, injectors lol Might run a bit rough for them and not to mention the idle surge killing the truck everytime they brake or go in reverse, drive, or park lol

So with that said the best anti theft device is to mod your truck so much that a stock PCM tune won't be able to run it LOL

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I want to go so far as to install a smooth painted driver side rear Tahoe/Yukon exterior handle to get rid of the lock cylinder on the driver side door of my truck; thing is, if a thief wants in, they'll get in.

I hate people who can't and don't respect other people's property/vehicles.

The Duramax key hole was shaved off on the drivers side after some theifts broke it to take my double din, and the door handle method didn't work for these idiots so they broke the drivers side window which was worse. I can't stand broken glass. But it's got a 10" lift on it now so the handle and glass is far up and the steps are electric so unless they pop the door open or about 7' tall there gonna have trouble.

And the SS has the keyhole broken off already, from when they tried taking it, I'll shave that one off to of I ever paint the truck. They woulda had my truck if it wasn't for my kill switches, but if they want it they will surely have it one way or another. But not worth losing your life over it, I know myself and other members here would probably be fast to act if they saw someone but you gotta think about most of these guys are druggies and it's not worth the risk to find rather or not the thief is going to put up a fight or have a weapon.

I'd love to see how a new stock PCM would work in my truck and its mods right now lol... The cam, supercharger, heads, injectors lol Might run a bit rough for them and not to mention the idle surge killing the truck everytime they brake or go in reverse, drive, or park lol

So with that said the best anti theft device is to mod your truck so much that a stock PCM tune won't be able to run it LOL

DIDN'T THINK OF THAT LOL! Another good reason to mod your truck! ;)

Mr. P. :)

Its real simple guys its not rocket science here. All you need to do is fuse your fuel pump/pumps somewhere where only you know where the fuses are and where you can access them to where you can pull the fuses b4 you get out of the truck . Simple but effective. Truck isn't going to get far with out fuel pumping to the fuel rails.

Haha never said it was rocket science. I suggested an inline fuse already. Jason said he knew how to add a kill switch to disable several systems at once , which sounds pretty useful.

Oh yeah. Duh! Haha "here's how to steal my truck" thread.

DIDN'T THINK OF THAT LOL! Another good reason to mod your truck! ;)

Mr. P. :)

Hahaha yeah. Me neither. I have a 2 bar SD tune on my PCM. If a standard stock MAF tune was plugged in... Oh boy. It'd think its idling at 10psi. It'd run like shit! Probably die in a matter of seconds. But either way, an anti theft system is good to protect your sound system and other mods.

Haha never said it was rocket science. I suggested an inline fuse already. Jason said he knew how to add a kill switch to disable several systems at once , which sounds pretty useful. Oh yeah. Duh! Haha "here's how to steal my truck" thread.

Hahaha yeah. Me neither. I have a 2 bar SD tune on my PCM. If a standard stock MAF tune was plugged in... Oh boy. It'd think its idling at 10psi. It'd run like shit! Probably die in a matter of seconds. But either way, an anti theft system is good to protect your sound system and other mods.

I forgot I had a SD tune too... SD FTW against auto theft LOL... As much as I would love to catch someone in the act I would probably shoot them then try to explain to the judge that it was in self defense then lose my gun rights then go to jail while I wait for court so in the end If it wasnt modded you might as well just leave the keys in it LOL... OR like previously stated mod it like hell so a stock pcm won't run it...

Yeah I agree, if a thief tried starting my truck I think everyone would hear it! It sounds like a jet taking off!!!!! Maybe I shouldn't try to quiet it down? Not to mention, I don't think it would run very well on a stock tune:-) Maybe I could talk my wife into a F1 Procharger with that as my excuse!!!!

Ok everyone you have two anti-theft options-

Option #1- Buy $800-$3000 dollars in alarm and security systems and fancy switches with GPS or

Option #2- Buy $800-$3000 dollars in go fast parts and tuning so that a factory PCM cant run or support the vehicle. ( to make $800 work you would have to buy parts that would need a custom tune to work such as a fat cam and then you would need to be able to get labor done for next to nothing so I'd suggest saving a penny or two and take that alarm system money and invest in big go fast parts that require advance tunning ie, cam, heads, blower and a 2bar tune LOL)

I forgot I had a SD tune too... SD FTW against auto theft LOL... As much as I would love to catch someone in the act I would probably shoot them then try to explain to the judge that it was in self defense then lose my gun rights then go to jail while I wait for court so in the end If it wasnt modded you might as well just leave the keys in it LOL... OR like previously stated mod it like hell so a stock pcm won't run it...

Screw that! Shoot to kill or don't shoot at all! As dumb as it sounds, if you were to shoot a thief in the leg, he could sue you for medical bills, physical therapy, everyday pain... If you kill him, it's your word against, well, a dead man. So there is only one side to the story. Its dumb the way the world works, but its true. I could punch out the window on your truck, and if I broke my wrist or cut myself real bad, with a good enough lawyer, I'd win in court suing you for everything you have. I've seen one case in particular, a thief was on a roof trying to break into their neighbors house. They slipped off and broke their legs, and actually took the residents to court and won! Like I said, its dumb, but shoot to kill. Then you keep your belongings and your gun license. Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)