Ever wonder how your Silverado SS can be stolen so easily? You have go

MID12sSSS

Heres a link if you want to watch it http://www.sockshare.com/file/21378EB3C699359F#

gave me a virus ^ :thumbsdown:

Yeah. Thats why i didnt post a link!!!! Everywhere i looked online to find a link for you guys was a dead end resulting in scams/virus. So like i said, if you have netflix, that'll be the best/safest way to watch. It is scary though. They show up, pop the door with a screw driver, pop the hood, swap the pcm with one theyve got, bust the steering column shrowd and turn the ignition tumbler and theyre gone. There are ways to help prevent thefts, but if they want it bad enough, they're gonna get it. Either with a rollback if they have one, or by the method used in the documentary. I know the higher end security systems have tilt sensors that'll set off the alarm if the vehicle is lifted. This'll help with rim thefts and being towed.

The crazier thing is, like many of us know, once its gone, 90% of the time you'll never see it again. You get to watch these guys rent out a shop and within mere hours, strip the truck down to nothing and put everything onto a different frame so it can be licensed and sold as a legal vehicle. Its insane. It also stated that 50% of used parts that body shops use for repairs are stolen parts. Body shops buy cheap (stolen) parts to keep costs down. These guys see money everywhere. And chances are, theyve already staked out your truck and know where you live. Once someone puts in an order for SS parts, they already know where to find one. Haha. I agree with Blown SS/T, Keep your handguns close!

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Yeah. Thats why i didnt post a link!!!! Everywhere i looked online to find a link for you guys was a dead end resulting in scams/virus. So like i said, if you have netflix, that'll be the best/safest way to watch. It is scary though. They show up, pop the door with a screw driver, pop the hood, swap the pcm with one theyve got, bust the steering column shrowd and turn the ignition tumbler and theyre gone. There are ways to help prevent thefts, but if they want it bad enough, they're gonna get it. Either with a rollback if they have one, or by the method used in the documentary. I know the higher end security systems have tilt sensors that'll set off the alarm if the vehicle is lifted. This'll help with rim thefts and being towed.

The crazier thing is, like many of us know, once its gone, 90% of the time you'll never see it again. You get to watch these guys rent out a shop and within mere hours, strip the truck down to nothing and put everything onto a different frame so it can be licensed and sold as a legal vehicle. Its insane. It also stated that 50% of used parts that body shops use for repairs are stolen parts. Body shops buy cheap (stolen) parts to keep costs down. These guys see money everywhere. And chances are, theyve already staked out your truck and know where you live. Once someone puts in an order for SS parts, they already know where to find one. Haha. I agree with Blown SS/T, Keep your handguns close!

I'm gonna bag my ss so no tow truck can tow it lol

No problem downloading here either (Mac). I'd shoot everyone of these mother****ers by the way. You can blur the faces but you cant hide that accent. They shame my hispanic heritage. :sigh:

Also, every time I see a clone, thats all i can think too (no offense to legit clone owners).

Does anyone here use a fuel cutoff system?

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

Havent read into the above link yet, ill do that now. But the fuel cutoff, i figured maybe relocate the fuel pump relay inside the cab, or make another in line switch for the pump, and mount it inside your center console. So when you hop out the truck, just flip the switch inside the center console and it deadens the pump. So even if they do try to steal it, ill crank, possibly have enough fuel pressure to fire, but then it'll bog out and die. They'll panic and run away rather than trying to diagnose the issue in your driveway. Lol.

Or just tow it away.

Bag it! Lol. It's hard as hell to tow mine without ripping a bumper off even with a 3/4. And I scrape my front support pulling it up onto the rollback.

Like I said, if they want it bad enough and no ones around to stop them, they'll take it. The point is to deter them but making it hard as hell to steal (security system, hidden hood release cable, fuel cutoff, etc). I was just amazed at how easy it is to steal our trucks with the stock security. Its junk.

I was just at GM training, talking to a field engineer about the issue with our trucks getting stolen. We pulled a complete wiring diagram and came up with a pretty good way to bug our trucks so that the PCM swap method would be useless. I'm going to test it out in the next 1-2 weeks! Should be interesting!!!

I was just at GM training, talking to a field engineer about the issue with our trucks getting stolen. We pulled a complete wiring diagram and came up with a pretty good way to bug our trucks so that the PCM swap method would be useless. I'm going to test it out in the next 1-2 weeks! Should be interesting!!!

Haha nice. Let us know! Let's ban together and fight these bastards.

Im glad I have a garage. After hearing about trucks being stolen so often here, and then seeing the show. I dont know what I would do if my shit was ever taken. I now set the alarm on my truck even though its in the garage. My parents had someone steal there car right out of there garage a few years back, with the whole garage code thing. Someone watches your house, wait as you open your garage door and steal your garage programming. Boom they have access to your garage. They thieves came back that night and stole there brand new Mercedes, and even closed the door after they were done. Scary shit.

I know for a while I was pulling the PCM and Ignition fuses.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Its not a fuse. Its a place that you install a kill switch that kills your truck in several systems with just one wire....