What size cam should I go with

It's that time of year where I buy stuff for my S'S for Christmas. I'm looking for a cam and springs for my 06 ss. It's my daily driver. I have lt's, cat delete, cai,160° stat, magna flow exhaust. Not looking to spend a arm and a leg. If anyone has anything for sale also let me know.

Thanks in advance.

John

I love mine. Idk it's up to what you want out of it. You want to put a stall in? You want to just bump it up a couple sizes? So many things to consider. I wanted a mid 13 or so DD so I went with the setup I have. Think it over really good and let us know we will try to point you in the right direction.

I love mine. Idk it's up to what you want out of it. You want to put a stall in? You want to just bump it up a couple sizes? So many things to consider. I wanted a mid 13 or so DD so I went with the setup I have. Think it over really good and let us know we will try to point you in the right direction.
Gonna put a 3000 stall in. Looking for a mid 13's DD.

Call brian tooley. He will spec you a great setup in your budget with quality parts. There's a ton of variables that go into it. Im sure you know that already. Take the guess work out of it...
Thanks brother!

Do like Steve said I've heard nothing but great things about BT. I'm sure he can get you right where you wanna be. I like my 3k stall my cam can use a 3400 or 3600 but it's plenty quick with the 3k. I wanted a good dependable DD not a flat out drag truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Youre probably gonna wish you went with a 3600 stall but for a 3000 stall I'd say like a duration @ .5 228 228 lift 588 588 lope 112 cam I could be wrong but thats around a decent cam stall match but I say go with a 3600 stall from edge its a badass stall and you can really use the awd! I daily drive with a 3600 stall and a 235 243 cam

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

Youre probably gonna wish you went with a 3600 stall but for a 3000 stall I'd say like a duration @ .5 228 228 lift 588 588 lope 112 cam I could be wrong but thats around a decent cam stall match but I say go with a 3600 stall from edge its a badass stall and you can really use the awd! I daily drive with a 3600 stall and a 235 243 cam

That is a 3600 stall setup all day. You will be going backwards with a 3k stall speed with those camshaft specs.

I can break the tires loose with my 3k stall. I've left 20ft of black lines at my work before. My cam needs more stall but I'm happy with my 3k circle d. I've only made a couple passes at the track where they didn't spin at all. I've still cut constant 1.8's.