What size cam should I go with

I can break the tires loose with my 3k stall. I've left 20ft of black lines at my work before. My cam needs more stall but I'm happy with my 3k circle d. I've only made a couple passes at the track where they didn't spin at all. I've still cut constant 1.8's.

Your trucks a freak :jester:

:) It does run really well for what's don't to it and the humidity here in Florida.

Your trucks a freak :jester:

:) It does run really well for what's done to it and the humidity here in Florida. Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

That is a 3600 stall setup all day. You will be going backwards with a 3k stall speed with those camshaft specs.

Agreed, I'm running a 3400 stall with that cam and I sometimes question whether or not it's enough stall....

• 2 weeks later...

i think most of the first page posts dont take into account its 1. 2WD 2. a DD setup. i wouldnt want anything higher than 3000, 3200 at MOST in a 2wd SSS truck that im driving everyday... and in that case, i wouldnt prefer a cam that doesnt run well without a higher than that stall... thats just not a great DD setup to me. im sure there are people, like art and others that dont mind the stall like that. most customers looking for DD setups in things like this, ive found dont realize what they are really getting into until they drive it, and its too late. but of course there are the few exceptions,sure. would just want to make sure your one of them before you commit to something that expensive (TC) and/or something that time consuming to change out (cam)

It'll definitely take me a bit of time to get use too. I ordered the cam set up. Went with a TSP 228r 228/228 .588/.588 @112 Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I hope you are planning on no less than a 3600 stall speed and 44# injectors.

If not, you will have a hell of a lag with your 60ft, and max out your duty cycle with your stock injectors in a hurry

Yeah like Brian is saying that cam needs some stall n some fuel if you wanna use it to its potential. If your gonna put a cam and stall in make sure you get the best out of it. If you don't go with a little smaller cam setup to get you closer to a 3k or 3200 stall. And I'd say at lest some 42lb injectors. I've learned a lot the last year or so from these guys.