Polished Wheels

ELEGALCHEV

All the SS wheels so far have been painted, despite the description on the Chevy site that says they are polished. I know some dealers are putting on different wheels, and marking them up quite a bit for that. The only polished SS wheels I have seen are on a picture of the short bed standard cab SS SEMA concept truck.

user posted image

Are you sure they are polished, not chromed? I have been looking into getting my wheels chromed. I would prefer polished and clear powder coat, but the plastic center caps can only be chromed, so they would not match the look of the polished wheel.

Get some pics if you can. Or tell me what dealer it was at (you are in SoCal too, right?). I would like to find out how they got the wheels that way. If they sent them out to be done, then I would be interested in where, etc.

ELEGALCHEV, Thanks for taking the time to take and post the pics. If you don't mind, I ripped off a couple of your pics to post directly here :D . This is exactly what I have been looking at getting done to my wheels. The shop I went to only wanted about $580 for all 4 wheels, nice markup the dealer has going there :D . If you look at the close up pic, on the center cap you can see the slight orange pealing caused by the clear coat that goes on top of the plastic chrome. I saw the same thing on a sample at the wheel shop I went to. Not noticeable till you get real close and I am pleased to see that the two different methods of chroming look good together. I still would prefer polished to the chromed but I don't think they can get a polished luster out of the plastic chrome. The chrome does look good though.

chromed1.JPG

ChromedSS.jpg

Archived