Putting a d1sc procharger on my 03 SS awd hold up???

I could live with that at least have a reference to how much power

BE VERY CAREFUL! It's not just as simple as pulling the front driveshaft. There are a series of things to do while on the dyno so you won't fry the T case. Use the search function and read before you attempt.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can dis connect the front diff, but then you arent going to get a true HP number out of it as once the front diff is re connected, it will eat up power. Youll have an idea, but you couldnt say for example the truck made 600HP at the tires since it made that at the rear. You would be more like mid to low 500's at all the tires.

Before you say you can disconnect the driveshaft, you probably should mention its not as easy as just "disconnecting" the driveshaft.

This is false information not only to the OP but to lurkers reading this thread. Without stating the proper way or warning there is more than just removing the driveshaft as damage can be done if not dyno'd the proper way....you probably shouldnt post

I wasnt being clear, just giving an idea. I dont know the whole process so I wasnt going to get into it any further. The OP understood what i said and that was the point. You always seem to be in a defensive mood.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Im trying to prevent someone reading this thread and read that and go "hhmm..ill just pull my front driveshaft and go dyno it"...then explodes their transfer case. Then someone askes why did you do that...and he will respond "well I read it on this forum and a guy said to just remove the front drive shaft"

Stupid? Yes. Is it reality? 100%

You have no idea how many guys have done this. Take it as you wish

edit: always remember, there are more people that read posts other than the OP.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Nobodies getting "defensive" on you 346. 2B is just saying be cautious, nobody likes a fried magnesium nugget. For your information OP here you are in 2Bs words

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/72678-can-you-really-pull-the-front-driveshaft-to-dyno/page-2

Post #19

I would definitely read through the forums because your questions were probably answered at one point or another but better still you will pick up a boat load of info and even more mods to help support the ones you now have.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk