Component Pods

I seen someone who had painted their component pod for the door red. Where did you get them from. Really like the design of them, but really don't want to go through the trouble of making a set. And hopefully the person who it was comes across this topic.

Thanks,

Patrick

I seen someone who had painted their component pod for the door red. Where did you get them from. Really like the design of them, but really don't want to go through the trouble of making a set. And hopefully the person who it was comes across this topic.

Thanks,

Patrick

are you talking about the the front door speaker grill being red?

that part that was red that was mounted to the door.

gonna have to find that post again and use it for reference cause I really liked how they were shaped and the angles to get the music up to you. Cant believe Im going to get back into make custom stuff again. After my last competition system I told myself I would buy prefab'ed ...... guess not.....lol

Edited by Bigtoyz97 (see edit history)

You may be talking about mine. I'm having trouble uploading the poc for some reason, but here's the link to my build.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?/topic/82660-Look-what-I-did!-My-build

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

No prob. For the price, I don't think you could make them cheaper yourself. Thats why I bouht them. Super easy install and good fit to the door. Fast shipping too

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

Yeah they looked like a good fit and nice angles to them to get the highs up to you. Like the placement in them too....kind of out of the way of my feet......lol

I like the fact that you can put two sets in them with one tweeter. Gonna probably get something built into the rearview mirror with a set of tweeters to help bring

the sound up to ear level and help with imaging. And put a set of components in the back somewhere for year fill and imaging

Gotta figure out how I'm going to put a set of 12's and a set of 10's for mid bass. Might have to build something to go below the floor level depending which sub I go with

I run earthquake subs. Have a 2 sets of CP12's that do a nice tight bass but require 2 cubic feet for a sealed box or 12 magma's which are boomer sub but only 1 cubic foot

of air space. And the 10's require 1 cubic foot. Idea also is to build something into the floor I was thinking and do an isobaric type box. You can put more to each sub that

way also.

Back In 06 I went to a school in Orlando and got certified through the MECP (Mobile Electronics Certification Program) as a certified installer and I did really well in the advanced acoustics part of it. Using knowledge of imaging and acoustic travel, I almost filled the back of the pods with fiberglass to seal the pod off, but after hooking them up, they sound just fine. That's a 6.5, a 5.25, and a 2" tweeter. You can order different combos of speaker sizes for the pods. They nake pods for our back doors too.

I use to do USAC competiitions and always did well........Ever since I got into it with my 93 T-Bird I was always invited to the Nationals since I did so well. But didn't have the funds to go that far. Have all first places except for 1 second place in the SPL and lost that by 1 point in my category. And was my second contest and forgot to start the car up for the SPL part of it.....never made that mistake again!

And whoever said rear fill Sucks.....pffft oh not true. Most will say you don't need it. BUT it is what I always got complemented on how well it filled the rest of the system. I had two set of components in the front doors with a pair of tweeters. Then I molded a pair in the rearview mirror. And you can adjust the mirror to raise the level the sound is coming from. When a judge is listening to the SQ they are looking for the sound to be at ear level and that is what putting them behind the mirror can do and it bounces off the windshield.

For bass I had 4 earthquake CP 12's in the trunk 2 facing forward and 2 rearward. and pair of BR 1070's in the rear deck. I then went to 6 magma's 3 forward and 3 rearward. At that point they really wanted to put me in the Pro class for whatever reason they didn't. With the first system it sounded just as good low as it did all out.

Thanks for the idea gcosse will have to remember that one. I always did a lot of dynomat......you can never have to much....lol you could go down the road in this t-Bird with nothing on and you didn't hear no road noise at all. We did have to brace the trunk lid though cause it was literally lifting off and was loosing the sound pressure. I'll have to see if I can find my binder with some pics of it.

for amps used all earthquake...... (2) 6600xm gold series, for the 10s (1) Bx1000 and for the 4 12's did (2) 42000Bx. When I went to the 6 magmas I sent the 2 amps out to Washington State and he modded them to get more out put out of them.

Edited by Bigtoyz97 (see edit history)

Feel free with your rear fill and tweeter placement. I don't want to get into an argument over it and at the end of the day its your vehicle. What kind of numbers did you pull with all that earthquake gear?

For the price of dynomat, there are other alternatives that are equal or better for cheaper. That shit is expensive.

Sent using Tapatalk.