Component Pods

back in 97 when we originally did the car there weren't all the choices that there is now for sound deading. And yes it was spendy! The first contest I hit 149.4 and then my setup guy got it up to 151.2 with the 4 subs. Earthquake wanted to sponsor me but then everything had to be earthquake that they made and I didn't want to go that route for SQ. I had got out of the competition seen when the 6 magma's got put in. Got married and went back to college after my accident.

And as the rear fill goes .....your right its what I liked and what I wanted. Would do it again yes and plan to. Each to their own!

We didn't use the cross overs with the components and bridged them to get more out of the amps. And then used some pro audio gear to separate the frequency to the components. I had no part in the design of that. Was told what was basically done and is what I used in my presentation. That is a lot of sound to try and keep it balanced.

I agree with rear fill. Love it! As for tweeters on the mirror. Has to wreck havoc on your stereo separation. As for Usaci. First place in SQ 601+ class in 2002... At world finals in KC. 4th place in 2001 at the same show. Hope to meet up soon. I got your message. Let me know when your down here again. I'm considering an Meet this spring.

You must have had a nice sounding system 1st at world finials impressive. Think that was the in that class also, I looked on their site and the classes have really changed.

SQ is what we were really shooting for and it turned out that it had really good SLP also.

We had all the component wires all the same length since they all had to come from back of the car. And used a DSP that had an auto tuning feature built into it.

But yeah let me know when you have a meet. I would enjoy just coming to look at what everyone has done.