9 second silverado SS AWD

TD or Not TD

You're gonna need to attach your truck to a 102mm turbo lighten the hell out of the truck at least to 4500lbs somehow by then its probably not going to be a daily driver. Buy a LSX block and stroke it out just enough to where you won't bore the block a bit to keep the walls as thick as possible for boost. I have only seen one extended cab hit 9s and its pretty much built to fly. In the end you would probably spend like 50000, probably more.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets put it this way. the fastest truck 10.7x broke its T case and front i believe. and 1000whp will not get you anywhere close to 9s without SERIOUS weight reduction. by serious im talking 1000 pounds. if you want 9s your better of building a RCSB it will be cheaper as i do not see the AWD holding up to the power. just my theory tho i would love to see it tried. anything can be done but your going to need the funds.

Lots and lots of money will get you to 10.70s lol....1000hp definitely wont do it. And if you do get it in the nines after you have sunk 10s of thousands into it, you will have to turn around and sink 10s more into a tow rig and car hauler cuz a 9 second sss is not gonna be a dd 9 second sss. Shoot for the 10s with plenty of cash and you will be more than happy, hell all of us would be happy if we had a 10 second truck, cuz that is still street-able

You are going to need more than 1000whp to get into the 9's. Thats about how much chases truck produces and he ran 10.7.

Agree. I figure I put down 800 to the wheels and just made the 10's. It isn't so much the raw HP as it is where the entire system maximizes the available power. Gearing, tires, suspension, weight is just as important as making 1k to the wheels.

Oh, and if you are building from scratch, I would budget $75 - 100k for a 9 second AWD SS if you are not doing the wrenching /tuning/troubleshooting...

Good luck and keep us posted!

You guys are crazy , I think 1k HP is plenty. the reason why chase didn't clock faster in the 1/4 mile is because he was on 22's and street tires smoking his tires to the 60ft mark if he had proper rim tire combo I think he could of shaved half a second easy. I never got on a dyno but according to many different calculators Im pretty sure my truck was under 700 HP when I went 11.1 in the 1/4 mile so I can't see why 300 more horse power couldn't kill another second off my et given everything was set up right. I also don't believe you need to spend more then15k to get there BUT it will cost you allot of dedication and hard work.

My thought process follows the concept that e/t's become exponentially harder to shave time off of as you enter the ten second window in full size trucks, cars have a slightly lower window but they too have an increasingly difficult time when they hit their relatively "attainable" times. I am having fun with this but in all seriousness I agree with the majority view, it is attainable but not without compromising both the thickness of the op's wallet and his ability to keep his truck as anything other than a track-only vehicle. I know this, and I will probably get flamed for bringing it up, the Veyron super sport has an 8.0 W-16 with four turbos and 1200 hp, its all wheel drive system is incredible, the tires are 50 grand and its "depending on who you ask for the weight of their ss" around 600 or so pounds lighter and 1/4 mile times barely hit the nines. Now I know that I am comparing apples to oranges in a sense, but I am trying to show that if you want to be heavy and run 9's it costs to play, it takes 1200 hp and over 1000 ft/lbs and a much more advanced tcs/awd set-up to get something that is lighter in the 9s. He could do DR's, gut the interior, push well over 1000hp and get there, but the quality of build would require serious research with talented craftsmen, and a deep pocket book. Like I said to begin with, tenths become exponentially harder to shave the faster your running. A cold air intake costs 300$ and shaves a tenth off a stock trucks run, how much do guys running 10.XX second quarters spend to shave a tenth once they have mastered launching their trucks? Tell ya this, it isnt 300$

Yeah it can be done. But it will take a little over 1k to the wheels and a proper suspension set up to get you there. Also will have to shave a couple hundred pounds off her and then add a couple hundred pounds in safety equipment. So weight management, and suspension will be a big factor as long as you have the power. The price will still be way up there no matter how you look at it. You can prob bust out a 9 a few times with sub par parts before you break and have to replace things, but for reliability and quality you will pay more to begin with but in the long run it will be worth it.