9 second silverado SS AWD

TD or Not TD

Hello guys, my first post here on SSS.com. I purchased my 03 SSS from a friend who owned it for a few years and doing a little looking around i see that the fastest SSS has ran 10.7's. I am just wondering if there is a weak link to the setup that has prevented guys from running in the 9's or faster with these trucks? Im not trying to start a flame war here just wondering because i like my truck and would like to drop some serious money into it but didnt know if i would hit a wall where i would be limited. I didnt know if there were issues with the front differential or suspension in the AWD models that limit them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The T cases don't seem to be too fussy in these trucks. I believe GM rated them at 1800lb/tq but I don't know if that's @crank or @transmission tail shaft. As for the front diff, a few people on here have been throwing big power at them and they seem to hold. Just the carrier bearings tend to go... But that's a "wearing out" issue, not a "power" issue.

If you were to do some serious weight reduction and drop 1000LBS or more than your goal of having a 9 sec truck would be alot closer. But in doing that you will also be chopping up not only the inside/outside of the truck but replacing suspension like K member, A arms etc with tubular chromoly parts, or having them custom made. You would need a very large wallet.

The only way I see dropping that much weight is to destroy the truck and go fiberglass all over the body, like lift off hood and fender as one piece, lexan windows etc etc. The truck would only be track.

everything everyone mentioned comes down to money.

It can be as fast as you want. Just got to have the coin to push the limits of everything. Have one off parts made and likely more than once.

A 2WD truck would be much easier to get into the single digits.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)