Need some advice on what to look for.

Harbor_SS'n-it

Hey fellas, my truck is getting close to 80K miles and I am not sure what the previous owner did as far as maintenance to this truck. What would be a good list of things to check out and or possibly replace.

I figured a good place to start would be..

Check and lubricate any joints if possible I should look a my u joints. ( I get a clunk noise when I shift into reverse.)

Inspect and or replace any hoses that look worn or damaged.

Do oil and filter replacement since it will be due around the same time.

Swapping front tires with rear tires and check brakes.

anything else I am missing here?

When were the fluids last changed (cooling system, transmission, front/rear diff, transfer case, power steering, brake)? I'm due for most of mine right now as well.

Hey fellas, my truck is getting close to 80K miles and I am not sure what the previous owner did as far as maintenance to this truck. What would be a good list of things to check out and or possibly replace.

I figured a good place to start would be..

Check and lubricate any joints if possible I should look a my u joints. ( I get a clunk noise when I shift into reverse.)

Inspect and or replace any hoses that look worn or damaged.

Do oil and filter replacement since it will be due around the same time.

Swapping front tires with rear tires and check brakes.

anything else I am missing here?

Between these to you should be good to go

Now that all sounds like a lot of money, if you want to save money I will more than happily take your ss...lol jk

But yeah you should be good with what was stated above. Idk if you have too but when I bought my ss the alignment was off so I had to do that

When were the fluids last changed (cooling system, transmission, front/rear diff, transfer case, power steering, brake)? I'm due for most of mine right now as well.

That is the thing. I have no idea when was the last anything on this truck. Only thing I have done was top off everything a few months ago and its regular oil change.

Between these to you should be good to go

Thank you.

Motor oil and filter

Trans flush and filter

Front and rear diffs

Transfer case

Cooling flush

Brake flush

P/S flush

Inspect brakes

Serpentine

AC belt

Plugs

Wires

That makes sense...didn't think about the system flushes and trans filter. I know the factory plugs are a good replacement but whats a good set of wires?

Now that all sounds like a lot of money, if you want to save money I will more than happily take your ss...lol jk

But yeah you should be good with what was stated above. Idk if you have too but when I bought my ss the alignment was off so I had to do that

lol! If I wasn't so attached to this truck I probably would put it up for sale and get a new vette :dbanana: . You know mine does need a slight adjustment but I think its more of the wide tires the truck sits on that makes her go crazy on certain roads.

You have the option of Taylors, MSDs, AC Ds or mine. I have the SuperCharger Connection wires. I've had all of the others too, all good, really personal preference. There's also Granatelli wires but those I heard he just buys from like Vato Zone or wherever and puts his heat shielding on them and rigs the test machine for his YouTube vids.

AC Delco 41-110 is the part # for the plugs now. It used to be 41-985.

I wouldn't worry about the coil packs either. Also you being 04 you have an in-tank fuel pump meaning there is no external fuel filter to maintain. If for any reason you ever have to pull the fuel pump you can replace the "sock" as it called but don't worry about that.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Lol sure and when it comes to wires man, let me tell you, any brand is going to be fine, you just aren't going to see any gains or difference in performance between 7, 8, 8.5 or 10.4mm. I'm sorry to sound rude if but it's a "psychology gain" lmao. If you're stock you might as well get a fresh set of AC Ds. Those come with a one year warranty IIRC. That's the only plus or pro as you called it in the wire wars lol.

In no way would I consider myself an expert but I have tried many combos. If I could do it all over I'd keep the basics as the basics you know, plugs, wires etc. All the $$ you spend on the baby (psychological mods) really don't gain that much. That $$ could of been saved for a major mod, power adder such as cam, blower, 90-102mm TB, X-link, FAST intake, converter, brake kit, drop, 80E, TruTrac etc.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Motor oil and filter

Trans flush and filter

Front and rear diffs

Transfer case

Cooling flush

Brake flush

P/S flush

Inspect brakes

Serpentine

AC belt

Plugs

Wires

Ill add to the list.

Clean the TB, Maf.

Sea foam the gas and the add some to the Brake booster line to remove any oil residue inside the intake and carbon deposits.

Make sure you use the correct fluid for the front diff and the T case.

I would probably also flush the heater core.

The TB spacer is a waste of money.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)