Maggie guys

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One method a lot of the SVT guys are using is a "Killer Chiller". It's a heat exchanger that taps into the low side of your air conditioning system. Refrigerant (R134a) runs through one set of water jackets, and your coolant runs through another set of jackets in the heat exchanger. So essentially, your intercooling system is constantly running through a ice-cold heat exchanger and therefore making IAT ambient or in some cases, lower than ambient air temps. I myself don't have any experience with these kits, but I've read up on them a bit. This is another method that I'm not quite sure why it isn't more commonly used. Sounds like a great idea to me!!

Rick from Trick Turbos here in my town does those kits for the Fords.. We discussed doing it for my truck but never did. I forgot what the draw back was to doing that. I'm thinking it was to get it to work you needed to run your A/C on full blast the whole time..Something like that..I just saw it as something else that could go wrong and never did it.

On the way??! Shit... It's here!!!

image_zpsb078b488.jpg

image_zps3abe750f.jpg

image_zpsfa2443c1.jpg

800awhp and low 11s, here I come! :peelout:

Lol. It's gonna be a long time and a lot of work. Krambo put down over 20psi with his buddies tvs2300 forged 370 build, but had to pulley back up in order to contain it after shearing the water pump pulley off several times. I've been talking with Joe from Left Coast 32, and he's hooking me up with a 8rib "hybrid" drive system that should be pretty nuts. I'm starting to gather parts, but I'll need to install my ported L92 heads, redo my whole fuel system to support 800hp, get a custom grind cam, head studs, new rockers... The list goes on. But I think I'll be happy with the end result.

Here's a shot of Joes hybrid drive...

Rather than converting to a Gen V Camaro accessory drive, ill jus replace the powersteering bracket, pump, and alternator. Then relocate the idlers with the new front bracket. I'll also have to weld the water pump pulley on, and screw on that nice billet cap to cover it up. image_zpsd5ee2170.jpg

Joe turned over 1000hp with the motor in this pic. It's pretty insane. LSX 390 with the 2300. I think this motor was build to spin over 8000rpms. Lol. Anyway, I don't mean to thread jack. I'll make a build thread for you guys once I start tearing into it.

Don't call me a pessimist, I am just an optimist with experience in this area. I pretty much maxed out a 112 on a 6.0L and even used 50/50 meth. I hardly saw a gain with the meth (confirmed with dyno tuning). It did help with fueling though if you are maxing out your injectors. Wasn't worth the effort for me.

If you dig around, I posted some very long posts on this topic like 5 years ago.

Glad to see you around Kevin! So you're saying you didn't see any gains using meth? It didn't kelp resist KR % or even keep IATs down? But you saw a gain in fueling? Just because it's another source of "fuel" if your injectors are maxed? If you're injector limited, you should get bigger lb injectors anyway, not rely on the the methanol jet as an extra injector. LOL.

Definitely not bolt on. It's a jackshaft style unit that requires LS3/L92 heads and that I change my entire accessory drive. BUT, you can order a Truck style TVS unit "box 1" for about $5K! Which isn't a bad deal, seeing as Mp112s go for about 3K. So just sell the radix and fork up 2K. :thumbs: the truck style 2300 will bolt right onto cathedral port heads and use the same Maggie accessory drive!

Sweet... I can see you kncking on 10's door with this TVS and a small pulley with new heads and your forged 370.... But if you build that 427 that you mentioned not to long ago... ohhh man :jerk:.... I want nitrous too cause I think that the purging kits for them just look badass and intimidating especially with a little LED flair. I couldn't ever put a fake purge on cause it would be a disgrace to lie like that... LOL

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Well, the 427 is a ways away as well. I'm still waiting for a 03-07 silverado/Sierra to come through the shop with a knocking motor. I'll make a killer deal with the sales manager and take it off his hands for about 3k, then either rebuild it if its a Gen IV, or drop my 370 in if its a Gen III, make about 8-10K off the deal, order a LSX shortblock and call it a day. LOL! Sounds like a pipe dream, but I have already been so close to 2 deals just like this that ended up falling through. One day I will be able to flip a silverado for enough money to buy my LSX, but until that day comes, I'm going to boost the piss out of my forged 370 in attempts to keep up with Justin's (AKSSS) turbo'd 370. He'll be about 18psi and I about the same. Should be very interesting to see how they'll stack up to one another.

Same boost. Different compression. I think you should be ahead. With your higher compression you should be making more power. Unless my turbo is flowing more air. Which I don't know the cfms at 18psi. But it should be interesting.

Yeah. But a few points of static compression won't give me more than maybe 15hp? If your tune is slightly better than mine (and we both know I need LOTS of software work done), you'll easily be able to make up for that and then some. I'm not sure on the difference of cfm between the two units, but you do have efficiency on your side whether you'll admit it or not. LOL. But we can bench race all day long, or just get out there and do it!... As soon as the snow is gone, and our fuel systems are done, and my 2300 is on... and....

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Shouldn't you be asleep? Lol! I love how I never know when you may be lurking. I post a comment about you and bam! You respond within minutes. Even if its 2 am. :rollin:

I guess I gotta be more careful when I'm talking shit.. Never know when you may be be lurking. LOL.