For Sale: 87mm Throttle Body

• 3 weeks later...

New SSS owner here, are these 87mm bolt on? If not, what else do I need to purchase to make this work?

Your stock SSS is a gen lll 78mm 3 bolt throttle body {TB} with the 8-pin drive by wire {DBW}. This is a gen lV 4 bolt 87mm TB with the 6-pin DBW. To make it work, you'll need an intake manifold to fit the stock heads (like a Trailblazer SS {cathedral ports)}. Or, if you want to use your stock intake manifold to mount the gen lV 87mm TB you can buy an adapter plate to go from a 3 bolt TB to a 4 bolt TB. Which ever way you decide to go, you'll also need an X-link {www.torquerush.com} to convert from 8 to 6 pin DBW.

In my opinion it's a good upgrade.

Edited by TSA (see edit history)

I'm really listening to whatever you guys think would be best. Like I said I'm a new SSS owner. I've read the FAST is the best intake you can get for them them so if I should go to a 90mm or even the FAST 102mm I sure will.

• 2 months later...

If you end up going with the 102mm Fast than the best option is the Nick Williams 102mm drive by wire, Fast doesn't make a drive by wire option.

BEST option is TPIS.. But most people dont want to spend the money.