New speedsturr and shaved tailgate

MID12sSSS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some pics of the tailgate before the cladding and emblems are switched over. The crappy iphone pics don't do any justice. After wet sanding and buffing, that tailgate looks like blue glass. Lol. Love it! Can't wait to get the speedsturr on.

image_zps9fffd8a1.jpg

image_zpsbcd0aa5b.jpg

image_zpseabaf10e.jpg

I have to change my license plate soon. Haha I saw an old piece of shit 80s dodge with the same "money pit" license plate. Lol! He spelled it slightly different of course. Maybe I'll wait until I change out my shortblock. I sure would love "427LSX" or "427 SS" as a plate.

:peelout:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Well... The speedsturr is done. All buffed out and ready to go. I'm still a little on the edge with how it turned out. Probably should have been prepped before it went into paint. The fiberglass has some imperfections that you couldn't see until you laid the glossy paint down. It doesn't look bad, but there are some waves and a few small low spots. But, nevertheless, I'll have it mounted up later this week for some pics. Maybe one day I'll have the paitience to snag it back down and block it with filler, then repaint. But for now, it's good enough. :thumbs:

Here's a quick pic of the drop. I'll get more pics when the tonneau is on...

image_zpsff6b37a3.jpg

I'm on a slight slope backwards, so if it looks like a negative rake, that's why. The height from the center of the rim to the lip of the fender is the exact same on all 4 corners with a full tank of gas. I might drop the front another 1/4" once I get my new set of rims/rubber.