New speedsturr and shaved tailgate

MID12sSSS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope! The tailgate cap doesn't have to come off. It'll clear when the cover is closed. You just won't see the cap so I didn't bother putting it back on. But if you've got custom paint on your tailgate, you could even extend that paint job onto the tonneau. Just an idea.

Sweet! Yeah, I called Killer Paint a few days ago to see what Mike would charge to extend it onto the cover, but they said he was out of town till next week.

So do you have a gap between the cover and where the tailgate cap used to be since you removed yours?

post-16941-0-98625200-1389542413_thumb.jpg

Nope. You mount the cover to your hinges on the x2000 mounting system yourself. So if you have a tailgate cap, you just set the gap accordingly before bolting down the cover. Since I left my tailgate cap off, I put about 1/8" gap between the cover and the bed on all sides, including the tailgate. It sits very flush after a few adjustments. I think if you're set on that paint scheme, you could extend it into the cover, or across the whole truck.

• 1 year later...

Do you still have your lid? I jist picked one up and the gas struts that came with it are missing one bracket to where they mount to the lid and I'm also curious to see where you mounted the stuts to the truck do you have any pictures of the hardware installed?