Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab

I CORNER

I own a 94 Z28, 96 Impala SS and of course the 04 Silverado SS, so I have been partial to Chevy's.

However, if Dodge made this SRT-10 Quad Cab available last year,

http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/ram/index.htm...m/ram_frame.htm

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...5&page_number=1

that would have been the truck I bought in lieu of the SSS. The regular cab SRT-10 Ram was totally impractical as it could only seat 2 & 1/2 people and had the 6-speed trans. But the Quad Cab is much more practical, while still being a bad-boy. Compared to the SSS, it looks better, its faster, it has 15" brake rotors!, 500hp/525ftlbsTorque, 22" rims, Pirelli Scorpion tires and a 7yr/70,000 mile drivetrain warranty! I also prefer the Ram 4 doors to our rear suicide door arrangement, as it is impossible to load larger items in the back in tight parking spaces.

I own a 94 Z28, 96 Impala SS and of course the 04 Silverado SS, so I have been partial to Chevy's.

However, if Dodge made this SRT-10 Quad Cab available last year,

http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/ram/index.htm...m/ram_frame.htm

that would have been the truck I bought in lieu of the SSS.  The regular cab SRT-10 Ram was totally impractical as it could only seat 2 & 1/2 people and had the 6-speed trans.  But the Quad Cab is much more practical, while still being a bad-boy.  Compared to the SSS, it looks better, its faster, it has 15" brake rotors!, 500hp/525ftlbsTorque, 22" rims, Pirelli Scorpion tires and a 7yr/70,000 mile drivetrain warranty!  I also prefer the Ram 4 doors to our rear suicide door arrangement, as it is impossible to load larger items in the back in tight parking spaces.

:withstupid: except for that stupid fin....

True, but at least the fin is attached to an aluminum body colored standard tonneau cover on the Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab vs the side rails on the standard cab SRT-10 Ram. So it won't get in the way when the cover is opened.

For MSRP of $6000 to $8000 more than the SSS, this truck appears to offer some very serious hardware, while still seating 5!

Nice video clip of the guy on the bus. I don't think the gal appreciated the bounce.

When the transmission in my 1996 Impala SS grenaded a couple of years ago (2 cheap cast pieces used by factory in tailshaft), one of the tranny shops that I talked to, said that at least the GM transmissions are not as bad as the Dodge/Chryslers. I was not sure if that applied to the Mitsubishi based Dodge products or the newer Daimer-Benz/Chrysler products.

Note that they are not using the 5 speed automatic for the SRT-10. They mated it to a 4-speed diesel engine transmission, which should be much stronger. The differential also looks like a serious Dana. Maybe that will help it survive.

The thing that scares me about the SRT-10 is, will it be stable in poor weather/traction conditions with all of the monster torque/hp going to only 2 tires on the relatively light back end of a pickup truck?

When it comes time for me to roll out of mine I will DEFINATELY consider the Dodge SRT ext. cab. I've owned both Dodges and Ford pickups and they were both great rides. No problems with either. I would not even consider a reg cab but I think the new SRT ext cab is a great looking truck...........oh yeah, almost forgot. It's also FAST. 13507.jpg

Archived