Looking for member who smokes tail lights...

I haven't been on the board for a while and it has come time to start putting a little time and effort into my truck again. Seems like I remember a a guy who was getting really good feedback on his work. I know many will say do it yourself, but I watched a friend smoke his on a 350z and they looked pretty shitty. I would much rather pay for a "factory " look. I see there is a guy on ebay but not to sure about that. any help would be appreciated.

I used the guy on ebay and his work is top notch. He uses real automotive paints and clears so you will never have any fading or yellowing issues.

I used this guy. I dont have one complaint. They were perfect.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/smoked_lights

Had a buddy with his lights on a dodge truck. Nice work other than he just mixes base with the clear so you dont get the total UV protection. You can tell this by the micro splatter apperance in the paint. The lights I do don't have this issue and are painted using PPG DBC line of products and cleared with DCU 2002 High Solids clear.

He used UV urethane clear on mine and I havent had a issue. No micro splatters on mine. So far so good.

"UV urethane clear" doesn't specify anything. All clear coats have a UV blocker. Even Advantage and Shop line clears block some UV.

Do you know what micro splatter is?

"UV urethane clear" doesn't specify anything. All clear coats have a UV blocker. Even Advantage and Shop line clears block some UV.

Do you know what micro splatter is?

Yes i do. I guess I have to explain that....

micro splatter is when you have little dots all over the place.within the painted surface.

Edit.... Maybe I didnt have a issue since he sold me his own taillights and third brake light off of his own personal truck.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)