FPR?

jovanny

Hard starting could be a number of things.

Moisture in fuel

bad fuel

clogged fuel filter for 2003's.

battery issues

Alternator issues

TPS sensor

MAF sensor

Cam sensor

Crank sensor etc etc...

Do you have light on the dash? Any codes pulled. What exactly is thew truck doing? Is it cranking, or cranking slow, lights dimming etc....

If you havet replaced the fuel filter I would, They need to be replaced every year. Then I would run some sea foam thru the gas tank to help clean things up. If you havent replaced the plugs do that and or atleast check the burn color on them and the gap. that could be a problem.

If you havet replaced the fuel filter I would, They need to be replaced every year. Then I would run some sea foam thru the gas tank to help clean things up. If you havent replaced the plugs do that and or atleast check the burn color on them and the gap. that could be a problem.

I just changed the plugs and wires, i'll replace the filter this weekend ,

Just a little after it starts , then it idles smooth

How old are your plugs? The first thing I'd do if I were you would be to replace the plugs, they're cheap, quick and new plugs are always good. Then check the fuel pressure. It probably wouldn't hurt to fuel up at a different gas station to rule out fuel quality as well.

Could be the fuel pump... mine does the same thing but I hadn't gotten around to swapping the pump out before I left since I was gonna drop in a walbro eventually anyway. Try this: turn the key on and wait a few seconds, then turn it off and back on again and wait a few seconds before turning the key all the way to engage starter and see if that works.

How old are your plugs? The first thing I'd do if I were you would be to replace the plugs, they're cheap, quick and new plugs are always good. Then check the fuel pressure. It probably wouldn't hurt to fuel up at a different gas station to rule out fuel quality as well.

The plugs and wires are 3 weeks old

Could be the fuel pump... mine does the same thing but I hadn't gotten around to swapping the pump out before I left since I was gonna drop in a walbro eventually anyway. Try this: turn the key on and wait a few seconds, then turn it off and back on again and wait a few seconds before turning the key all the way to engage starter and see if that works.

I'll try it tommorow morning

I have had a fuel reg go bad on me before.......and do what you are describing. But I would put a gauge on it and see what it is doing. Does pressure slowly go down after its been sitting awhile or does it bleed back right away? And also if the pressure bounce's around a little could be a weak spring in the fuel reg. And what does it do when it is running and at idle, cruise, etc..... Just throwing some idea's for you to look for.

On my S10 it always took a couple of primes cause reg got weak and wouldn't hold pressure for very long of a time. But it ran good once it was running. Set over night and you had to cycle the key a couple of times.