Pics of my SS as it sits

MID12sSSS

Lol. Okay! Getting a black or a polished unit? I didn't have the $7500 for a new unit. So I bought mine for $4500 and it came with about $500 in goodies. But of course I had to replace a few things busted in shipping. I started polishing the fuel rails and all the bare aluminum on the unit. It's starting to really look nice. I'm gonna pick Rays brain on his spacer for the 2300 and get some info on the front inlet for the 102mm TBs. The spacer really is impressive. There's a thread on the TBSS forum. They dynoed an engine with the 2300, then put the spacer on and dynoed the same engine. Saw massive improvements throughout the entire powerband, with as much as 100hp in some spots (don't recall which rpm range saw the most gains. But totally worth checking out. 100hp for about $400? Can't beat that! Plus IATs are kept way way low.)

What cubic inch motor did you end up building? As I've only got a 370, Joe from left coast 32 stated that it'd see about 15psi with the biggest pulley they offer. This has a lot to do with the 8 rib 10% OD and the rear overdriven cogs. But if you're looking for big boost, all of the mods above are a must. I will probably go with a 3.5" RIP 8 rib pulley for around 20psi. Should be an animal. I may be brave enough to pulley down further once I feel things out. Hopefully I'll see mid 11s, but it's gonna be a lot of work. I'm running studs in the whole motor, and everything is forged. Probably gonna test the limits with this one. Lol.

Your testing the limits SHHHHH^%%$T?!?!? HAHAHA J/K... I'll be testing the limits with my MP112 2.8 pulley, cammed, and stock bottom end with meth injection and a 75-100shot of nitrous I just picked up for this spring.... I am hoping mid 11's as well :devil: I think boom goes the tranny first though.... Man I can't wait for you to finish this build cause thats the route I want to go When I have the funds and time to swap blowers...

Here's before and after pics of the bumper mod you guys were asking about.... I'll make a how-to sometime this week.

Before:

image_zpsf8ff6347.jpg

image_zps67bb1f2a.jpg

After:

image_zpsd01338c6.jpg

You may never even notice the stock bumper gap, but after seeing how it looks when it's done, it makes me wonder why I didn't do this a long time ago. The stock bumper alignment gives the truck a droopy face. Now the body lines look much more crisp. I'll get more "after" pics and put them in the how-to thread when I make it.

It's actually a 285/50/20. It's wider than stock, but not as tall. It's just the brand that makes it look like a thick tire. Cooper Zeon LTZs. Not too impressed with them really. I'll be buying nittos soon.

• 2 months later...

Do you have any rubbing issues sitting that low?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nope. None whatsoever. Don't do what I did though. Get 3" DJM lower control arms up front, then DJM 2" hanger and 2" shackles out back. This will give you your 3/4 drop. You'll want to get some good shocks and a Belltech c notch kit as well. I have drop spindles and plan on switching back to LCAs. The stock tire should tuck. AKSlowroller has the same kit with stock rims and tires and doesn't rub at all. I'm running a little wider and shorter 285/50R20 opposed to the factory 275/55R20.

Well, I would imagine if you were fully cranked and it a massive bump, it would bottom out. But I'm very careful driving this truck. Just be conscious of bumps and you'll be fine. But even at full turn, it won't rub forward or reverse.

• 2 months later...

The cover is a "Speedsturr" tonneau from Gaylord Tonneaus. Its the "OG" series with the X2000 mounting system.

Contact [email protected]. Tell him Brandon from the SilveradoSS forum sent ya. :thumbs:

Hes a good dude and builds these from sctratch. He'll discuss your options. They have several covers available and I believe they may even have a few wings to choose from...