Pics of my SS as it sits

MID12sSSS

Needs some reps bad!!! Not bad for Blue tho!!! ;)

Hahahaha you kill me Chris. :lol:

I'm looking at those Forgeline VR3Ps. 5K on rims and rubber isn't in the budget right now though. Lol. Hopefully I'll be able to afford them before they're discontinued. :rollin:

I Just bought some from ebay for my shaved gate, set me back 75 bones

Yeah. I may do the same. Love the paint scheme btw. Glad that hood and tailgate stayed in the family. Looks good.

You're planning a boosted build as well right?

Did you locate one yet? If not, keep an eye on Camaro5.com classifieds or ls1 tech. Used 2300s are pretty common over there. Expect to pay $4500 for a decent one, unless you get an insane deal.

I hadn't even considered buying a used one. I want mine brand new from Magnuson. I know it's more money, but I'm weird like that :cool:

Lol. Okay! Getting a black or a polished unit? I didn't have the $7500 for a new unit. So I bought mine for $4500 and it came with about $500 in goodies. But of course I had to replace a few things busted in shipping. I started polishing the fuel rails and all the bare aluminum on the unit. It's starting to really look nice. I'm gonna pick Rays brain on his spacer for the 2300 and get some info on the front inlet for the 102mm TBs. The spacer really is impressive. There's a thread on the TBSS forum. They dynoed an engine with the 2300, then put the spacer on and dynoed the same engine. Saw massive improvements throughout the entire powerband, with as much as 100hp in some spots (don't recall which rpm range saw the most gains. But totally worth checking out. 100hp for about $400? Can't beat that! Plus IATs are kept way way low.)

What cubic inch motor did you end up building? As I've only got a 370, Joe from left coast 32 stated that it'd see about 15psi with the biggest pulley they offer. This has a lot to do with the 8 rib 10% OD and the rear overdriven cogs. But if you're looking for big boost, all of the mods above are a must. I will probably go with a 3.5" RIP 8 rib pulley for around 20psi. Should be an animal. I may be brave enough to pulley down further once I feel things out. Hopefully I'll see mid 11s, but it's gonna be a lot of work. I'm running studs in the whole motor, and everything is forged. Probably gonna test the limits with this one. Lol.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Sweet! My motor's totally stock except for headers, exhaust, plugs & wires. The first part of my build is the 80e swap which should be hopefully this weekend or next...I'm just waiting on the input shaft from Time2kill and the trans from FLT - I have everything else. Then I'm adding the black blower - I'm just going to start out with the pulleys that come with the blower kit to see what this baby can do, plus since I don't have a cam, springs, rods, etc., so I don't want to blow a head gasket or worse right off the bat, AND I'll be out of $ for a while! I'm looking at probably toward the middle to end of summer before I start doing a cam and engine work, then I'll be looking to add more boost from there.

Do you have a built trans or 80 in yours yet?

Sweet! My motor's totally stock except for headers, exhaust, plugs & wires. The first part of my build is the 80e swap which should be hopefully this weekend or next...I'm just waiting on the input shaft from Time2kill and the trans from FLT - I have everything else. Then I'm adding the black blower - I'm just going to start out with the pulleys that come with the blower kit to see what this baby can do, plus since I don't have a cam, springs, rods, etc., so I don't want to blow a head gasket or worse right off the bat, AND I'll be out of $ for a while! I'm looking at probably toward the middle to end of summer before I start doing a cam and engine work, then I'll be looking to add more boost from there.

Do you have a built trans or 80 in yours yet?

Yeah. I ordered up the build specs for PATCs Level 7 Raptor. (Alto red eagle clutches, billet input haft, sonnax smart shell, metal accumulators, servos, shift kit, PI 2800 multi disc converter, etc) and had it built locally. Nathan at PATC said it'd be good for around 700hp. It's gonna come out soon and be up for sale. Gotta put an 80 in. I don't have much faith in throwing 850hp at a 65e. Some people do and it works out just fine. But I'm gonna beat the piss out of it, and want it to hold for atleast 2-3 years at a time. Then I'll have it gone through and do clutches etc.

sounds like you're off to a good start. You can run the 2300 with the kit pulley for around 8psi or so? It'll definitely wake it up. That way, the most expensive part is out of the way. Then when you get all the supporting mods, just pulley down a bit and see how it feels. Be sure to post pics on your 80e conversion! Ill be doing it myself soon enough.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Thanks, as soon as I get my trans and shaft I'll start posting lots of pics on my build thread! I did get the HP tuning software today so I don't have to ship my PCM back n fourth to Zippy. I should hopefully be getting my 80 tune from him shortly!

Keep up the good work on your truck...looks awesome!