WTB: Duramax

smalltownguy

Hey guys, I'm searching for a Duramax to play with and figured someone here may have one or seen a good deal floating around. I'll be back in So Cal here shortly and looking to pick up a Duramax the same year range as our SS trucks 03-07. I'm game for a dually 3500 or 2500 but would only want 4x4. I'm thinking about doing the SS replica dually I've been wanting to do for awhile. So if yal see any good deals on a 4x4 duramax for around low 20s and preferably under 100k (not to far over is considerable though) then let me know! I think it would make a great addition to my driveway with the SS. Also willing to travel for a great deal, I'll be all over the country in the next month and a half so guys all across the south coast to coast don't hesitate to tell me what you got!!! Thanks guys.

P.S. if it aint a dually, already lifted or leveled with larger tires is highly desired

Edited by smalltownguy (see edit history)

Might want to reseach what year you really want. they all came with different motor. during those years they have a few different motors in them and some are no good. I have been researching for myself. if i get an older dmax pre 09 then I personally will only get a 06-07 classic with the LBZ. the earlier models have head issues and the injector issues are common in the earlier duramax. injectors arent cheap they quote me $3500.00 installed here and some places charge 4k.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Yeah im aware of the injector issue, I've had tons of d-maxes in the past. It was kind of hit or miss, luck with the injectors really... had an 04 that went over with hundreds of thousands of miles and no issues. The replacement injectors are the same ones even, they didn't even change the design from what i understand just put new ones in and hope you got a good set. Besides, you should can buy the injectors and change them yourself for 1500$, dont pay those insane prices for the labor that is difficult but not extremely if you can wrench at all.

Yeah im aware of the injector issue, I've had tons of d-maxes in the past. It was kind of hit or miss, luck with the injectors really... had an 04 that went over with hundreds of thousands of miles and no issues. The replacement injectors are the same ones even, they didn't even change the design from what i understand just put new ones in and hope you got a good set. Besides, you should can buy the injectors and change them yourself for 1500$, dont pay those insane prices for the labor that is difficult but not extremely if you can wrench at all.

Oh ok. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the issues. I'd hate to see somebody buy a truck and not know they had those issues. My buddy owns a diesel shop so I wouldn't be paying near that cost for injector repair. I just wanted to give a real world price if the average guy walking in off the street. I thought they have since came out with a new injector for a replacment that doesnt have the same issues. The nice thing about the older Dmax is they seem to get better milage than the newer one. which im sure its due to all the EPA bull crap. I'm tossing around the idea on getting a 11-12 dmax. but still in the air. depends on the fuel milage that I can get out of it.

Yeah im actually considering buying a left over 2013 at one of the local dealerships but all that epa crap is getting harder and harder to rip off... now that they really cracked down on the programer companies, even if you can find someone to rip all the shit off it is a bitch to tune it! damn government oppression haha kidding dont get all political on me

Yeah im actually considering buying a left over 2013 at one of the local dealerships but all that epa crap is getting harder and harder to rip off... now that they really cracked down on the programer companies, even if you can find someone to rip all the shit off it is a bitch to tune it! damn government oppression haha kidding dont get all political on me

yeah it takes the fun out of the sport with all that crap. thats why part of me likes my carbed sbc s10. not much to turning just adjust the dizzy and carb and your good to go. Lol

Well, I just got off the phone with the chevy dealer and I'll be picking up my 2013 (left over, hell of a deal) 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ on Feb 10th!!!! Oh and it's already lifted!!! Trading in my 2011 Rubicon which will be hard to let go but I've wanted another Dmax for some time and have plenty of other off road toys for the trails the jeep would've been fun on. This will be a sweet return from the sandbox for me, other than the few seconds of pain handing over the jeeps keys until I jump in my new beast!!!!!

Haha it aint happened official yet because I'm on the other side of the world but getting the paper work ironed out and heres the link from the dealer's site to the truck: http://www.connellchevrolet.com/new/Chevrolet/2013-Chevrolet-Silverado+2500HD-costa-mesa-b3c63d210a0a0049011170a93af38c1b.htm

P.S. I didn't pay anywhere close to that online price haha thank god

P.P.S. I have tons of ideas already flowin through my head about what direction to go with it, feel free to pitch in... may have to move this outta for sale and in to off topic or photos once they're up!