Crashed my ss.. now its really hard to steer. wat can be wrong?

jmontero146

Yep that happened to me as well lol. First snowfall here. But I shut it off and back on had power steering again. But the first one was most definitely the pump.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

i hope the mechanic was right & the problem is the pump.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then move to the sunny south, we are expected an ice storm of catastrophic proportions for the next two days and nights. Major power outages are predicted as most power lines are run overhead , schools and businesses are closed but we still don't say yous guys and I'll will have a pop. But then you don 't call a crowd of more than one ya'll!

i also herd people loose there power steering from doing donuts.

ya our AWD dont take kindly to the front diff or power steering pump in that case to say the least :jester:

That looks like an old leak to me. (Wet area's show a lot of dirt in the wetness). Fresh leak should look like fairly fresh fluid).

Have you checked your fluid level yet?

X 2 that didnt happen overnight

One way to find out if you did was start the truck and take the cap off. If you don't see fluid moving you know the culprit. Also you could remove the belt and most likely pull the pulley and shaft right out of the pump:blink:

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

just took a look & turned on the truck & you were right on point, no fluid is moving. the new pump i bought should solve the problem. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good news Jose. :thumbsup: Good to hear your problem is solved.

thanks man. next stop for my ss is a body shop. got to get my baby fixed asap. sucks tho i was planning to use my income tax money on some chrome ss rims. cold air intake, a tune & some other goodies, now ima have to spend that money on the bodyshop.

Edited by jmontero146 (see edit history)

thanks man. next stop for my ss is a body shop. got to get my baby fixed asap. sucks tho i was planning to use my income tax money on some chrome ss rims. cold air intake, a tune & some other goodies, now ima have to spend that money on the bodyshop.

Sorry to hear that you have to put the money into something unplanned but at least you have the bucks to fix her up.

Good luck man. :cheers: