Fire in the engine bay!!

Mr. Hyoosten-Techsus

Mr. Hyoosten-Techsus,

I am truly sorry to learn about your vehicle issue you are experienced. I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me your name, address, phone number, VIN, and current mileage?

Jennifer T.

Chevrolet Customer Care

HYSTERICAL

• 3 weeks later...

Good news...the blue beast LIVES!!!

Sort of LOL. Fired right up, absolutely no hiccups...no leaks, no noises, no codes....NOTHING. I tell you what though, those couple of seconds before the first turn of the key were VERY intense. I have a clip, but can't seem to figure out how to upload it. Anyways everything was good until I drove it...after doing some research I'm pretty sure I've fallen victim to a failed converter or a failing TCC. Leaning towards the converter because I can actually hear bits & pieces rattling when the problem occurs....very soul crushing to hear for the first time. Truck runs flawless til' I get up to about 50-55 mph & overdrive kicks in...from that point on, any load on the engine causes this shuttering & the truck definitely doesn't want to go faster. I let off the gas & everything is normal again. Fluid was checked in front/rear diff, dropped the transmission pan...no discoloration/ not a single metal flake was found, definitely not enough to suggest imminent part failure. I almost "threw" a t-case at the problem convinced that what I was hearing had to have been the chain slipping & bouncing off the case, but the lil' mechanic in me said investigate. Finally built up the courage to split the t-case open & found everything in exceptional condition so I dodged a big time bullet there as I found out that t-cases ain't cheap. So she's back on the disabled list again LOL. Gonna drop the tranny & get that converter out ( it was a TCI street fighter 3k). E-mailed the good folks at Circle-D for their insight on a replacement. I would love to hear from anyone that's experienced something similar & what the fix wound up being