Looking for 13s, on a quest for 12s stock long block

BLOWN SS/T

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to try and brake stall as high as possible before breaking tires loose last night, and on the first pass it actually spun the tires lol was too excited. I'm not sure if it started the timer but my vid shows where it rocked forward a bit.

I don't remember if I made 3 or passes. But the second pass I tired brake stalling high as well. And I believe that gave me a 2.1 60' at 13.7 and 97 mph

Last pass was only brake stalling to about 2k and that gave me the best 60' of the night high 1.9 13.6 @ 98mph.

Could have got one last hot pass but just decided to call it a night.

Trucks been sitting on the slicks out in the sun for a couple weeks now, and I drove it to the track on them (aprox 20 miles)

Haha right on. I cut consistent 1.81 to 1.83 on chrome 20's with the 305/50/20's with some lite wheels n slicks I could know some more time off. Really wanna go run the 1/4 cuz it really is pulling good at the 1/8th when I let out.

Congrats on times.

thanks even though these are slower ET's then my last time out lol.

But considering both the 60' and DA (2000 over) being worse then my personal best I feel there is increase, something like a 13.3 is what I'm suspecting based off the numbers. Then some better weather.

I recently ran into some dam unexpected legal issues so I have to fork out my modding $ for an attorney, I was really hoping to have this thing camed and running 12's next month. But oh well sht happens lol

Hey lmk when you make it out to famoso I'll try and make it out too at least to spectate lol

• 2 weeks later...

I got off work Alittle late tonight but went home to pick up the track and I'm out at the race track again.

D/A is nearly 2700 ft and should be making a first pass in a few minutes.

Left tire psi @ 11lbs and I'll check after the run to see how high the psi goes. Hoping maybe that's what causes the change in 60' last time out, that or track prep.

Went to the track myself truck went slowest it's ever gone. It was really humid and was 92 degrees at 9:30 at nite. How did you do?

I didn't do so good, still struggling with the 60' in the 2.x, 13.800 1/4 and lost 1 mph. A majority of the cars running were street tires cars that were breaking down, only got 2 passes. On the second pass I could feel something odd happening wit the tires, felt like one tire would slip or do a full turn while one wasn't and then suddenly it would hook. Doubt its the tire slipping on the wheel, one of my buddies watching outside by the starting lane said its overhooking. Anyone know if these rear ends have an LSD?

I know I shouldn't be running in bad DA if I wanna get PB's but now im gonna try to be consistent with the 60', hate that I was running 1.8 w/o any problems the first time out with these tires. I think the next tire will be a 27" or 28" D/R.

But still had fun and got to race a guy I met out there with a G8 that was running 13 flat, I barely red lighted and held him off till right before the 1/4 mile mark were he gained half car length on me. My brother took his dmax out and couldn't run better then a 15 lol with a really bad 60'. I was suppose to street race my brothers buddy in a modded z06 afterwards but he ended up leaving early, I only woulda ran an 1/8 against that anyways lol.

So did you get any updates?

Are the G80's an LSD, wondering if this has anything to do with what im describing at take off or maybe the slick is just over hooking. But I was able to get a 1.8 60' out of them in march, and these last 2 times out seems like its stuck on a 2.0.

In all honesty the slicks are hurting more than helping. Wheel speed will help more than a hook and shoot with the slicks. Slight spin at launch on some drag radials and it will help your 60'. Not terrible times but do yourself a favor and get it tuned before you try to get a pb.