Looking for 13s, on a quest for 12s stock long block

BLOWN SS/T

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the DA?

:) you got me lol it's a secret

I calculated it using Dragtimes info and it was around 573 for DA so defintley had that in my favor.

Best pass was the 13.5 with 60' of 1.8. I tried a few different things and messed with air pressure.

But the tire is defeninitly over hooking and boging the truck down from the take off. So a drag radial is more appropriate for the truck plus would help with stability at the top and maybe gain the loss from using a full slick.

Anyways as I hoped I wouldn't, my truck broke down lol.

Went to put my 22s on and ready to leave and truck doesn't start. FML lol

Looks like fuel isn't getting through, I'm thinking it's my kill switches I have. But don't want to take everything apart at the track so just gonna have it towed.

Waiting on the tow truck. :)

:) you got me lol it's a secret

I calculated it using Dragtimes info and it was around 573 for DA so defintley had that in my favor.

Best pass was the 13.5 with 60' of 1.8. I tried a few different things and messed with air pressure.

But the tire is defeninitly over hooking and boging the truck down from the take off. So a drag radial is more appropriate for the truck plus would help with stability at the top and maybe gain the loss from using a full slick.

Anyways as I hoped I wouldn't, my truck broke down lol.

Went to put my 22s on and ready to leave and truck doesn't start. FML lol

Looks like fuel isn't getting through, I'm thinking it's my kill switches I have. But don't want to take everything apart at the track so just gonna have it towed.

Waiting on the tow truck. :)

Nice! I would never see that DA at fontana speedway LOL.

Ok so had the truck towed, and didn't wanna let it get me down from a good day lol. So I got it back home and thinking fuel, air, spark, and my thought is fuel. Just weird how it just wouldn't start only thing I did was put wheels back on, so checked al the wiring and after a few minutes I caught it. One of the bypass switch was bad somewhere so I just wired it temporarily for it to start up. Ill load some vids for you guys later.

And I think I left out the stall for my mods, just incase, Its a 3400 stall Yank converter power adder series.

Thanks guys.

Which wheels did you go with? What sort of wait time did you have?

Check page 2 for pics, its the American racing 15x8. With the slick its 42lbs a side on a bathroom scale. I need to figure something out for the front, I found the same style for the front in a 16x6 and I hear you can get away with spacers, and a 17x7. If I do that Ill end u running a narrow tire, 17x7 weighs 22lbs.

I uploaded some vids ill post the link later

• 3 months later...

Taking another stab at this tonight, but unfortunately for me the D/A is right over 2400 ft

Ran one pass as soon as I got here and was trying to see how high I could brake stall the truck without braking loose the tires. And it started doing a burnout lol felt like an idiot. But anyways still made the pass and it must have moved out to start the time and pulled a 2.0 60' and 13.7. So as long as I can make a regular 1.8 60' it should pull another 13.5 again, but this would be in 2400 ft DA vs the last time which iirc was 5-600ft only. So sounds like it's improved, I hope lol.

Only difference is I mated the 90mm TB with an x link and an UDP. Truck still needs to be tuned, soon!!!

Alright guys I'll post back to see what it runs on the next one.

There wasn't that great if track prep last night and a lot of cars with street tires.

60' were 2.0, 2.1 and very best was a 1.9 turning a 13.6 et.

If I were to turn the normal 1.8 60's I was running this would be good for a 13.4-13.5 1/4 mile. Which would match my best personal best the last time out. Only difference is last night was 2400ft DA to my last PB @ 5-600ft. So seems as if the 90mm TB and UDP mod made a difference, even though I couldn't prove it in the 1/4 et lol.

If it wasn't the track prep, must have been the tire psi, I was trying 14 psi last night or tires are probably needing replacement.

Either way had lots of fun raced a freinds Rcsb 5.3 with circle d 3200 stall and a 224 cam, and when I got on the hwy I was surrounded with Hondas and evo's lol put an ass beating on the Hondas and one Evo my speedo was pegged at 120 mph. And got beat by one of the modded evo's. Lots of fun