Getting ARH headers

coal miner

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look great. I personally can't justify the money in them. Way to pricey for me. My pacesetters cost me 280$ brand new in 06 and were coated. No leaks n they work great.

So you e had your pacesetters for 8 years and they haven't destroyed themselves?

Put them on September of 06 and still going strong. No leaks ever. I can't complain one bit. But I have no snow. I has tons of rain tho. I got them before the price went up. Every year that goes by I say well if they take a crap I've got my money out of them. The truck only had 22k on it. Now has 102k on it :)

Put them on September of 06 and still going strong. No leaks ever. I can't complain one bit. But I have no snow. I has tons of rain tho. I got them before the price went up. Every year that goes by I say well if they take a crap I've got my money out of them. The truck only had 22k on it. Now has 102k on it :)

my pacesetters I had on where already starting to rust a little. I've only had them for about six months and about 3000 miles on them with no winter driving. There a good header for the money tho and yes there coated to. I have to say the arh headers are a lot better quality and better design. The primary pipe and everything else is a lot heavier gauge pipe than the pacesetters. I'll take some more pics of the passenger side header before I install it and post them.

I like my ARH Headers they are very nice!

Only issues I had were the trans lines hitting the passenger header, had to wrap them. Also the drivers side pipe was to large to slip into the factory pipe, not really a issue since I replaced it anyway... didn't see how reducing to less then 2.5" then back up to 2.75" was good for flow.

Used Flowmaster Ball and Socket Collectors and then after the factory 2.75" pipe went with 2.5" mufflers, to keep the velocity up maximizing low end without sacrificing top end. There is a H-Pipe behind the trans cross member you cant see.

d81.jpeg

i7gw.jpg

I like my ARH Headers they are very nice!

Only issues I had were the trans lines hitting the passenger header, had to wrap them. Also the drivers side pipe was to large to slip into the factory pipe, not really a issue since I replaced it anyway... didn't see how reducing to less then 2.5" then back up to 2.75" was good for flow.

Used Flowmaster Ball and Socket Collectors and then after the factory 2.75" pipe went with 2.5" mufflers, to keep the velocity up maximizing low end without sacrificing top end. There is a H-Pipe behind the trans cross member you cant see.

d81.jpeg

i7gw.jpg

that's a nice setup. That's pretty much the same setup I'm going with. I just got mine put on at 4 in the morning. Nothing sounds better than open headers at 4am.

that's a nice setup. That's pretty much the same setup I'm going with. I just got mine put on at 4 in the morning. Nothing sounds better than open headers at 4am.

Thanks man!

Open headers are very fun, or should I say floor board shaking fun!