Best C.A.I for SS??

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best is what others opinions are on what they own.

Heres my take....

You dont need to spend hundreds of dollars to get a CAI that will work like the $200 ones do.

I have the Spectre intake with the aluminum,tube etc. It cost me $100 years ago. Works great just like the rest do.

Heres some research I did with mine and heat if your interested.

Post number 28.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/75981-cold-air-intake/page-2?hl=%2Bcold+%2Bair+%2Bfilter+%2Btemp&do=findComment&comment=877770

Heres a recent thread on the CAI

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/84757-cold-air-intake/

A old thread

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/75981-cold-air-intake/?hl=+cold%20+air%20+filter%20+temp

When I decided that it was time to get an intake I read about CAI's till my head started hurting and then got to thinking that at the level of mods I had planned for my truck 1 or 2 claimed HP of one brand over another wasn't worth the time I was putting into the search.

I did read enough about problems caused by over oiling "wet" filters and wound up going with the dry Volant. Been happy with it so far. When I listed the Volant in my list of mods when dealing with Zippy for a tune he said "Good choice". That's good enough for me.

I have a vararam intake and I regret it. They want you to remove the lower radiator shroud and of course I did to get the most hp. What my dumb ass didn't think about was the truck over heating. It climbs above 210 at every red light I'm the summer. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

And its a pain in the ass to clean the filter.Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think its all about personal preference.

Years ago I put a K&N on my 2001 Silverado. I was happy with it so with my SS i bought another one, and with my HD I bought another one.

Now that being said. I think If I ever get one on my next truck I will probably get a Volant because I like the enclosed idea.

I picked my K&N up for cheap, so that was my main reason for getting it LOL! K&N is a long time trusted name, so I figured it was ok. Heritage doesn't always mean perfection, but it does show they have a reason they have stayed in business.

I have the bullydog in my Sierra. I had actually ordered one for the SS but then canceled and got my refund due to trying to figure out what is the best. Im going to look into it. I got my tax return and came into a lil extra cash as well...so wanted the opinions of people who are familiar with these trucks. I appreciate the help