Drag radials

GI.SS

Has anyone tried out the newer 20" drag radials that Mickey Thompson and nitto came out with? They're both 29" tall but for two have a $100 difference between them. Thinking of

Maybe running these instead of buying another set of wheels and tires just for the track.

If it matters I got the 2 15" wheels shipped for $200. I really like them only downside is I can't drive around town with them since I have a slicks mounted on them or else I'd leave them on all the time.

And they make a 16x6 and 17x7 in the same so if you wanted you could run those out front with a narrow tire for weight savings

Not sure on the 20's. I always go with a larger sidewall tire on a smaller rim for the best traction and sidewall flex.

I once bought a pair of 285/35/18 Nitto 555R's and they had very little sidewall and they would do just ok, night and day difference going to a 15" MT et DR

I am going to try 4 of the nitto's in May. I am going to put them on my stock 20's also. Hopefully I will be able to get it to hook then! I say try the nitto's and tell me how they work.

I've been trying to figure out exactly which wheel you bought. I also like the raceline wheels. Just that they don't make a 15" only 16"+ and tire selection stinks for 17" without being $300+ a tire. Heck the 20" mt's are $380 a piece!

I've been trying to figure out exactly which wheel you bought. I also like the raceline wheels. Just that they don't make a 15" only 16"+ and tire selection stinks for 17" without being $300+ a tire. Heck the 20" mt's are $380 a piece!

Go 15", you'll have more sidewall. When I last called race line they were talking about making the 15" wheel for our trucks as I had called, and they wanted to know what state I was calling from to get an idea of where the interest is coming from. But they said it was looking like a good chance of making production as the 17" they had coming out was getting a lot of interest. Idk how well it's done but they said if it did good in June-July you could see a 15x10.

Maybe give them a call and see where they are with them.

Anyways here the direct link to the 15" I'm running. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/are-1725884

Only downside to the wheel is that it's a 8" wide wheel so if your running DR's I think a 275 is as about wide as you can go or maybe even a 295. And if you need the 10" width then that's when your gonna have to run the negative BS.

post-12433-13945594014_thumb.jpg

That's the wheel mounted up from a side view

post-12433-139455945319_thumb.jpg

Getting some 16's n I need to find a good tire for them too. Been looking around and haven't seen much. Gonna be nice to run it without these heavy suckers. If I cut a 1.8 flat now I should be able to pic up a little and hopefully a good bit on the other side as well.

Which 16's? That's why I didn't go 16 because tire selection just stinks.

Just alum stockers. Nothing special. A lot lighter than my chromes with 305/50's that's for sure.

Let me know what you go with JC.

Will do. Gonna keep looking.