Drag radials

GI.SS

15" won't fit on your truck at all. A 16" will fit front and back as long as you aren't lowered . Depending on how you lowered it will determine if you can run a 16 or not. Mine being an 06 has drum rear brakes which allow a 15" outback but I have to run a 17"+ on the front.

Nice sandals lol just ordered some. I can't find a 295 m/t that's 28" tall for a 15" rim. I don't want a bias ply only a true radial

Ok Alittle searching, so there is a MT DR 275/60/15 you can run on that 8" wheel, it's equalvilant to a 28x11.5 and 33lbs, part number 3754r

The other is the 295/55/15 is 35lbs and is a 28x12.5. MT part Number 3755r. The next one up would be a 30" tire

And both part numbers I listed will work on that 8" wheel, but I'm gonna guess they'll cup on the 295s and would probably go with the 275s unless you think you need the extra inch. You have the ss3600 right?

Yea I found them on their site as well. Yes ss3600 but I want to have as much tire on the ground as possible. Every little bit counts! So I'll be getting the 295's I just don't know if a 30" would be a better fit or a 28".

Well depends on the gearing. There's an online calculator to figure out the rpm and all, I've never used it so idk all the details on it. But the idea is to be at top of the gear through the traps. In my truck I still had some rpm room left running the 28" and stock 3.73 gearing, but then again you have a cam and you'll be spraying. I think a 28" would be good but you can probably find more info on pt as most guys here are AWD.

Drag radials on all 4? Or just a regular street tire just smaller?

I wanna drag radial or slick on all 4 just haven't decided. I break all 4 loose now at the track with my 305's n there heavy. We all keep together looking we will find something I'm sure.

http://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories/wheels-tires/nitto-20-inch-drag-radials-drop-60s-on-our-trailblazer-ss/

I just bought a pair of Nitto NT555r drag radials 275/40R20. They arnt cheap. After shipping and duty I'm about $550 CDN into them. I posted an article above where a TBSS shaved a couple tenths running them. I wanted to maintain a factory look with my truck at the track and plus I would have 3 sets of wheels hanging around and I don't have room.

My initial impression of the Nitto's are they are very light and well made, hope to have them mounted next week and then some passes at the track in about May (depending on when they open)

Edited by powell (see edit history)