If its just a leak more than likely its the seal. No need to take apart the trans.

Which seal would that be? There's more than one....

There are a multitude of leaks that can occur, I believe my truck has had them all. Where is the drip coming from?

leaks can vary from vehicle to vehicle. The most common are from the trans pan, tail shaft, torque converter seal and or hard lines. My point in case you missed it was just because its leaking doesnt mean you have to dis assemble the trans and rebuild it.

it looks like it between the engine and transmission. it started with a small leak a few weeks back but last week it leak alot and a dint know till it slip. how can i know its not damage inside?

Edited by ssalltheway (see edit history)

You have to remember though just cause the trans slips doesnt mean it needs to be replaced. Like said above, it can be low on fluid. Find the seal or issue why its leaking and fix it. You could be wasting money on rebuilding for just a seal leak... Where your leaking from is a normal seal issue with these tranmsission from the silverados, Tahoe, TBSS etc. its considered normal wear.

If it leaks when shut off, its either a gasket or seal, this is called a gravity leak as the trans fluid drains back down from the trans and converter. If it leaks while running thats a pressure leak.