Ngktr6 plugs

So I'm looking to buy new plugs for my truck,I see allot of you guys running ngk's,I'm basically stock other than a cai,exhaust,and headers Anyone have part number and where would be best place to get this things in my hands I'd appreciate any info. I already picked up a set of Taylor wires btw lol

Well you don't need tr6 unless ur blown or running juice. I would stick with the tr55ix (part number 7164)or the tr5ix (part number 7397). I think I ordered mine off summit but amazon isn't to bad either last I checked.

6.65/each on amazon right now.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

I use the NGK TR55 part number 3403 is all I use and never have a issue. I get each plug for $3.19 Far less than what your looking to spend. They can be bought at any parts store.

So you recomend me to go with the NGK TR55s instead

Well you don't need tr6 unless ur blown or running juice. I would stick with the tr55ix (part number 7164)or the tr5ix (part number 7397). I think I ordered mine off summit but amazon isn't to bad either last I checked. 6.65/each on amazon right now.Sent using Tapatalk.

Cool thanks for the info...I think I will go with the tR55

Yes, I would use that plug. Like Tampa said unless you are supercharged, turbo or have nitrous the TR6 isnt the plug to use. The tr55 3403 plugs are already gapped at .59 I know some owners manuals state to gap the plugs at .40 or .060 etc. I have always used the .60 gap and find that the motor runs better with this gap, mis fires are less likely to happen as the fuel is more efficiently burned during the compression cycle. Its worked for my 04 Silverado ss, 03 silverado ss, my TBSS.

I recommend the TR6 myself. The 5 heat range is quite sensitive in hot weather to detonation if you only have 91 octane fuel at your access. You'll get away with a stronger timing table running a 6 than you will the hotter 5.

I recommend the TR6 myself. The 5 heat range is quite sensitive in hot weather to detonation if you only have 91 octane fuel at your access. You'll get away with a stronger timing table running a 6 than you will the hotter 5.

I'm running the tr6 in my truck, I was planning on spraying it sooner, but got other plans now.

Hey Zippy idk if it's true or not but I've heard that for every 100 horsepower added you run a step colder plug?

And op if your looking for the TR6 you can just go any parts store and ask for a ngk tr6, I think the stock number is 4177. I use to run those at about a .36 gap in my car.

Blown346,

The tr55 you just run with the gap that comes out the box?

I double check the gap to make sure it is between .050 and .060 yes. Any parts store will have the NGK TR6 or TR55 plugs.

For every 50 shot of nitrous not only does the plug matter but you will have to have the timing retard 2 degrees. The plug gap will get smaller as well.

Lol I just picked up the tr55s right now. So zippy u recomend me to just go ahead and throw in the tr6 instead. I was contemplating between the tr6 or just the stock ac delcos and I've heard allot of people running those but like stated above,also heard not to unless I'm fi or spraying? Anyhow thanks for the info and for schooling me on this stuff guys lol.

By all means, my post is negligible if zippy says different. I was only passing down info from others. I do have 93 at every pump down here. Maybe that's why I was recommended the tr5 and 55

Sent using Tapatalk.

Even with 93, do you still recommend the tr6?