Throttle Position Sensor Problem

Well my motor is finally in and running, but we are getting several codes related to the throttle position sensor.

P0220

P2135

P1515

P1518

They all look to be relatively related when googling them. So far we have checked the wire at the back of the passenger head, the wiring to the throttle body, the wire inside the cab going to the kick panel as well as the physical parts that they all hook up to. We have not swapped the actual sensor yet but will soon if nothing else helps. I was getting reduced engine power once in awhile before we took the motor apart and I have a feeling after doing a bunch of research that this was the root cause it just never showed itself fully until the motor came out and went back in.

Was hoping you guys would have an idea of what else to look into, it's been looked at for several hours now with no luck.

I was also getting rep codes {P0220 TP or APP Sensor 2 Circuit Fault, P2135 TP Sensor 1 - 2 Correlation} after swapping to the tbss intake manifold / ls2 tb on my 03 sss. I checked system grounds, ignition switch / relay, and the starter relay...all checked out OK. So I called Grant @ Torque Rush {x-link} & he recommended exchanging my 3.0 x-link version for the new tweaked 4.5 version for my fussy 03 sss. So far, no codes for a month!

Edited by TSA (see edit history)

I have a 8pin to 6pin X-Link in there yes, I can't find any reference numbers on it or anything though. The intake I have is the LS2 corvette intake, and the throttle body is one of the older style LS2 all aluminum 90mm intakes. I am thinking of upgrading to a different 102mm drive by wire intake that hopefully will eliminate the xlink all together if possible, and if it isn't I am going to get a new one as that seems to be what all indicators are pointing to the problem being with the codes.

With the codes you are getting it looks like you have a communication issue between the TAC module and the PCM. Check for power and ground issue's there as well as check the connector at the TAC module to make sure there is no issue with the pin's at the connector.

Thank you Zippy, it turned out the TAC module was checking out, we have a new one on the way. I am going to replace my X link as well anyway, the one in there is really cheap looking, just a small box full of goop with wires going in one side and out the other, no name or anything on it.

Thank you Zippy, it turned out the TAC module was checking out, we have a new one on the way. I am going to replace my X link as well anyway, the one in there is really cheap looking, just a small box full of goop with wires going in one side and out the other, no name or anything on it.

That's the Xlink v1. Very problematic.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yea that looks awfully familiar, wonder if they have a discount if your upgrading from their older one.

Nope, basically the run around that I got was that his products never fail and he hasn't had issues. And when I asked why there was a v2, v2.1, v3 he simply said he found better ways off doing things. So you either go his route, or the old vette tac, and speartech harness route. The latter might net you 80% wot. Not everyone experiences that though.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk