Fast Intake

SuperStock

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool deal, I thought he was in another state. Good to see members helping each other out.

So is the intake the 92 or the 102mm?

And no cam, stock heads on the engine? If so I'm in for results, definitely curious to see what improvement this would make on an lq9 w/o aftermarket heads.

I'm sure it'll gain some, but it's just the dollar to hp gain that would suck. But would be an intake you can definitely grow into. If I struggle getting into the 12s with cam only, I might have to break the wallet for a 102 and then re sale it, being my other set of heads would be l92s

Cool deal, I thought he was in another state. Good to see members helping each other out.

So is the intake the 92 or the 102mm?

And no cam, stock heads on the engine? If so I'm in for results, definitely curious to see what improvement this would make on an lq9 w/o aftermarket heads.

I'm sure it'll gain some, but it's just the dollar to hp gain that would suck. But would be an intake you can definitely grow into. If I struggle getting into the 12s with cam only, I might have to break the wallet for a 102 and then re sale it, being my other set of heads would be l92s

Yes it's the 102mm intake and I will be running a 90mm throttle body, stock cam and heads. Should be an improvement will see :) I got a good deal on everything and couldn't pass it up but a cam is def on the list.

Yes it's the 102mm intake and I will be running a 90mm throttle body, stock cam and heads. Should be an improvement will see :) I got a good deal on everything and couldn't pass it up but a cam is def on the list.

Ya I'm sure some people will tell you it's too much intake, but I'd do it early in the modding process if I had the cash to spare on it and you should see a gain.

Idk at what level the tbss stops flowing, but if your comparing dollar to horsepower gain a tbss would be best bang for buck, but more flexibility to grow with the fast.

Report back as soon as you get on the throttle lol.

How good of a deal did you get on the intake?

Might have to start searching.

Ya I'm sure some people will tell you it's too much intake, but I'd do it early in the modding process if I had the cash to spare on it and you should see a gain.

Idk at what level the tbss stops flowing, but if your comparing dollar to horsepower gain a tbss would be best bang for buck, but more flexibility to grow with the fast.

Report back as soon as you get on the throttle lol.

How good of a deal did you get on the intake?

Might have to start searching.

Will do I'm sure it's going to be great and the more supporting mods the better it will be. I got the intake with fuel rails off craigslist for $700.

Bumper Mod Complete and before picture of intake swap :)

2nd pic is where all the fun is at, taking that intake off and replacing it with the newer one.

Saw you sig, do you have you whole windshield done in 35%? Any pics? I've been running 50% on all my cars for years, I tried the 35% at first but didn't like it. I've been wanting to buy some 3M crystalline in 40% but that stuff is $$$

2nd pic is where all the fun is at, taking that intake off and replacing it with the newer one.

Saw you sig, do you have you whole windshield done in 35%? Any pics? I've been running 50% on all my cars for years, I tried the 35% at first but didn't like it. I've been wanting to buy some 3M crystalline in 40% but that stuff is $$$

35% is about the darkest I would got because I have 5% on the sides.

post-16840-0-65542900-1395528373_thumb.jpg

35% is about the darkest I would got because I have 5% on the sides.

Ya the rear is done in 5% over the stock, and then a 2.5% over the 5, and had the doors 5% too with the 50% up front. But I'm wanting to re do it all with 3M, used it on my Jeep and love it, just don't like the price.

Almost done :) please don't mind the dirty engine bay.

No worries, after I did the swap I had to wash out the engine bay. Wickeds engine bay looks spotless in his sig, ask him for some pointers. Where is the map sensor on this intake

Ya the rear is done in 5% over the stock, and then a 2.5% over the 5, and had the doors 5% too with the 50% up front. But I'm wanting to re do it all with 3M, used it on my Jeep and love it, just don't like the price.

No worries, after I did the swap I had to wash out the engine bay. Wickeds engine bay looks spotless in his sig, ask him for some pointers. Where is the map sensor on this intake

If we could buy a roll I would split it with ya, I have suntech but 3m is ideal, I was just in a pinch when I had the windows done.

Glad I am able to help out and glad to hear you are happy.

The key to a spotless engine bay is to keep it clean and never get get it dirty! The end.... lol

My engine bay Is never dirty and my truck is always detailed.

IMG_20140304_161316_hdr_zps24b673d5.jpg

IMG_20140321_165534_hdr_zps830f371d.jpg

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)