There are no sensors in the heater core. so there are no sensors to be harmed. I dont run the engine, I simply flush the heater core out with water and use compressed air to force out anything loose out. Then fill the heater core with CLR until it comes out the other hose. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and reflush with air and water.

I know there isn't sensors in the heater core we were talking about running CLR in the whole system earlier to flush the system and he said it would harm the sensor and I couldn't say that it wouldn't but i would think the heater core and radiator by them selves would be fine then swap to the Evans waterless coolant.

My dexcool has started to turn brown which lead me to find lots of complaints of ( deathcool )...

DexCool turning brown doesn't mean it is a bad product. When it turns brown, it means that it is degrading due to age/mileage, or has been severely overheated. If you properly maintain your vehicle and regularly check your fluids condition/level, there's no reason DexCool should do any serious damage to your cooling system....

The dexcool is 2 years old and noticed it turned brown in January it was to cold outside to change now that its getting warm out I'm gonna flush it out and swap to Evans waterless coolant.

the dexcool is said to be good for 150,000 on the bottle I didn't get that out of it.

And between having a high flow water pump and slp 160 stat and electric fans it never really gets hot the truck runs a little bit cooler then normal temp I'm not really sure why it turned brown.

And as of right now I have 8,000 miles on trans fluid and 30% oil life left on engine oil 2 years on the dexcool the brake fluid was flushed in 2009 when I replaced pads and rotors is there something I'm missing in proper maintenance cause I thought I was on track I do check all this stuff regularly that's how I noticed it turning brown then searched with google brown dexcool and there's a lot that comes up and more then one calling it deathcool and many that were having problems with it which led me to find the Evans coolant.

I've never had a problem with dexcool before I do stuff the gas pedal a lot and get on the highway 1/4 mile away and go up 3 exits and back to work 6 days a week could that do it I really have no clue what caused it and I don't have any damage its just brown everything works fine

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

Aldofashow and Blown346 I thank you Two for all the imput. I will indeed try to get the heater core cleaned out the best I can. Might take a chance at CLR and just make sure it doesn't sit long. I am indeed going to flush the rest with Evans and then use his coolant. That's the best stuff out there and it just makes sense. If it keeps the system cooler I'm all about it. Gonna start gather the parts and will post up on the project soon enough.

With how GM states Dexcool is good for 150K I dont believe that and never go off of what GM states for reasons above. I normally change my coolant once every two years just to ensure I have a cooling system that is working properly and efficiently. I agree, I wouldnt use CLR in the cooling system itself. I read it the wrong way.

I had a small leak at the gaskets on my water pump and also busted up the A/C belt. Some will think it is a waste of money but a clean conscience to me is worth it so I went ahead and changed out the pump, belts, hoses, tensioners and coolant.

I had a small leak at the gaskets on my water pump and also busted up the A/C belt. Some will think it is a waste of money but a clean conscience to me is worth it so I went ahead and changed out the pump, belts, hoses, tensioners and coolant.

Exact happened to me. Just replaced it last week. Oem water pump is only $100 off Amazon, and needs a new inlet for about $30ish too. I can grab links I'm you want OP

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore