3/4 drop finished!

12'SROCK

I didn't have to cut the leaf. There's the little plastic packing or divider (whatever you want to call it) that I trimmed back flush with the lower leaf. Drilling the hole sucked but hot metal falling on your arm is a no brainer. I didn't think to take any pictures. I was to busy trying them out lol but they are very straightforward to install. Just start out with the adjustments I gave you. It'll save you a bunch of time. I'm lowered the same as you minus those fancy shocks you have ... Rear is stiff but still rides well

What drop hangers do you have ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool deal, I'm gonna have to look into them real soon then, definitely need the weight transfer. And do the assassin bars have a flip and non/flip kit version as well? I've got hangers and shackles now but would like to do a flip kit and maybe a 1" lift shackle later.

GI, you talked about doing a coil over conversion. If the bars can get the rear to seat the coil overs would definitely do the job up front. Have you heard of anyone running the coil overs successfully?

Sorry to hi jack your thread wicked

I'll have to check which hangers I used. My leaf slides up where yours slides over top of the hanger. I haven't heard of anyone making the required brackets for the coils spring swap for 2wd guys in the front. But with saving weight, the swap is supposed to save less than 40lbs which honestly isn't even worth it when it'll cost $1000 + to do just the front. Some double adjustable qa1's on all four corners would be a better fit and bolt right in.

Thanks Aaron! I try to keep my SS In show condition at all times.... Yes any modification done to my truck are done by me from engine work to you name it. I also work on other members trucks. It wasnt all that bad to do.

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

Art, your truck is beyond clean.. killer stance, it sits perfect.

A 3/4 drop looks just perfect on these trucks IMO, mine is set up very similar to yours. Spindles/purple keys up front, and shackles/hangers out back. I went with a set of front/rear Hotchkis sway bars, and a pair of helper air bags in the rear as I didn't want to notch it.

Art, your truck is beyond clean.. killer stance, it sits perfect.

A 3/4 drop looks just perfect on these trucks IMO, mine is set up very similar to yours. Spindles/purple keys up front, and shackles/hangers out back. I went with a set of front/rear Hotchkis sway bars, and a pair of helper air bags in the rear as I didn't want to notch it.

Thanks for the kind words bro. I guess I am anal when i comes to keeping my SS clean!

Do yourself a favor and get the belltech chamber bushing kit so you could align the front end.

Thanks for the kind words bro. I guess I am anal when i comes to keeping my SS clean!

Do yourself a favor and get the belltech chamber bushing kit so you could align the front end.

No problem Art! You live in a great climate too, that helps! Mine is a winter driven pig haha, it's starting to show it's age a little!

That Belltech camber kit is next on my list.. my caster is within spec, but the best I can do for camber is -1.5deg on both sides. Lol. I hope the Belltech kit will allow enough adjustment to get close to nominal! I'm a tech and do all of my own work as well, I'm looking forward to getting the alignment where it should be!