Carfax report

la122685

^^^ very true. Its is a good starting point though to know if you even need to waste the time on a certain vehicle. they can also be bullsh1t too, when I sold my SSS the potential buyer ran a CARFAX and it said my truck had a odometer inconsistencies. It was the b1tch at the tax office that input it wrong. They wouldn't do crap for me either.

I got a carfax for my 2003 SSS. It was actually very detailed, i got alot of maintenance records and records dating back to the day it was purchased at the dealer. Also let me know that it is accident free and then i know that i am the 5th owner at 81k miles.

As mentioned above, they are a good starting point for title issues. I wouldn't buy a vehicle without one.However, you have to take them with a grain of salt. My SER Altima had a "clean Carfax" and the front/rear bumpers and both driver side doors had been painted. My truck also has a clean Carfax and I know my front bumper has been painted. No obvious damage and no signs of a collision but the bumper definitely does not have factory paint. It will only show what has been reported to the insirance company, dealer or in a police report, ect. If you hit a tree and take your car to the bodyshop and pay out of your own pocket, Carfax has no idea.

if the car/truck was in any major accident it would be on the car fax unless the owner dished out thousands for the repairs on there own. idk who would do that. but a minor accident has a chance of not be on there. take my old camaro for example. i got distracted and ran a stop sign and went into the side of an F-350 the whole bumper ripped off and cracked a fender. i bought a junk yard bumper of the same color for 50$ and the new owner never knew about it the car fax was spotless. until he rolled it 3 times into the woods last month now who cares