Color Choice Advice (Non-SS)

diggerdan11

33 members have voted

1. 1. What Color

• Atomic Orange
    • Dark Blue
    • Dark Cherry Red
    • Techno Violet
    • Another Color (Please Provide picture and color name)

So as many of you know I have a 69 Chevy i am restoring.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/77133-diggerdan11s-1969-chevy-c20-build/

I am getting closer to getting ready for paint, but im still cant decide what color I want to have it painted. I thought I decided on Atomic Orange, but I keep going back and forth. The interior of the truck is going to be black and the combo of Orange and Black may not be the best idea since I am a huge Oregon Ducks fan and the enemy is Orange and Black. LOL

I like Dark Blues, Grays, Oranges, Dark Reds, and Dark Purple colors. I do not like light red, light blue, green, or white.

Anyway what color do you guys think i should paint the truck?

If you have any ideas please post up a picture and a name of the color.

Here are a few colors I am thinking about:

1. Atomic Orange

Atomic_Orange_Corvette_Z06_on_360_Forge_

2. Dark Blue (indigo Blue), I don't want to go lighter than this, mainly because there are a million trucks that are in the same age range that are painted medium blue.

1969%20CHEVY%20TRUCK%20(14).jpg

3. Dark Cherry Red (Similar to picture Below)

IMG_20130420_131443_513_zpsb896eb60.jpg

4. Techno Violet. This is a color from a BMW E36 M3 I have always really liked this color a lot

street003.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only issue with the dark cherry red is finding an exact color I wnat. The other 3 colors are factor GM or BMW colors so its easy to get the exact paint, and if there is every an accident in the future it will be easy to get fixed.

I personally am leaning towards the Techno Violet. That has always been one of my favorite colors. And I guarantee you that I wont see another chevy truck in that color. My Dad (who is paying fort the paint job) also really like the Techno Violet, so we may go with that. But I am also interested to hear what you guys think, and see if there are any other cool color suggestions that might pop up.

My first choice is the orange but considering your objections to it my second is the cherry red. Maybe think about two tone cherry red and a grey or silver and your black int.

My only objection to the Orange is kinda goofy. I love the color but hate Oregon State. LOL