Losing the transmission?

Knowing my luck I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but I'm going to ask anyway. My 03 SS doesn't want to shift out of first into 2nd unless I accelerate slow or let off the throttle. I'm pretty sure it then shifts to 3rd and when it tries to down shift from 3rd to 2nd it's like it is in neutral... Do I need to start planning for an R&R or is it possibly a servo issue? I'm pretty sure I don't have any issues with 4th, I think it's just 2nd.

I had the same problem with mine ended up getting a new one from FLT transmission 2 transmission shops said it should be rebuilt while fixing the problem never found out what it was that caused it

It could be several things. Servos, Shift solenoids, glazed clutches etc. I would first check out the trans fluid color and if you have more than normal metal particles and the size of them.

I have also seen this happen when the trans filter has never been replaced and it gets filled with crap.