Knock Sensor ?

Hey guys. Recently I threw a P0332 DTC on the SSS (knock sensor bank 2 low voltage) I do have a TVS1900 Maggie blower on the truck as well as fairly extensive list of other engine mods. I don't want to sound like a rookie when it comes to my build because I have been a large part of the entire thing but the one thing I wasn't a part of unfortunately is when my good buddy/shop owner installed the blower. Hardest part of this build was that my buddy passed away beginning of this year so I have a few questions that have gone unanswered. Long story short I am just curious if you guys know if in fact the knock sensors on my engine would most likely be stock or if they would be something different due to the addition of the blower? I'm guessing a knock sensor is probably a knock sensor but never hurts to ask the many people on this forum that know this situation like the back of their hands. Thanks a lot

False knock could be caused from a number of things. Noisy rockers, exhaust leak, valves. or even the common piston slap. Since you had the blower put on, it sits right over those knock sensors. Just throwing the idea out there. The one thing I would do to test the theory is to see what voltage you get out of the sensors. Im not sure what normal is, so hopefully someone has that info.

Grab a piece of wood, broom stick. metal etc and place it on parts of the motor while its running. Place your ear on the other end. You will hear everything inside. Move it around getting closer to those knock sensors and blower. If you hear something that is very loud (minus the blower rotors) that can create a false knock. Continue to move around until then noise is very loud to pin point of where its coming from.

Im not saying this is the issue, just explaining how to check for it before you buy sensors if you dont need them. Plus it gives another old fashioned way to diagnose those weird engine sounds people can never find.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I would tend to stick with GM as i dont know the quality of ones at the parts stores.

Edit... If you do replace them, once they are in, use some rtv and seal the edges of them to avoid moisture or water getting to them. It will extend there service life.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Ok sounds good. How long of a job you think it would be to do this? And do you think someone with a decent amount of mechanical knowledge would be able to do it themselves? I have never pulled a blower off of anything I will say that. Thanks again

I went to the dealer for both sensors & harness and intake gaskets also wrapped the harness with exhaust wrap the original harness seemed like it was brittle from the engine heat in hopes to prolong the new harness life

I also got sensor safe silicone to seal the rubber boots from letting water in and prolong the sensors

I didn't have a scan tool at the time so it took some driving before the engine light went out but its never had any problems since

Hey guys not having a bit of luck finding anyone here in central Illinois willing to look at this problem for me due to the truck having a supercharger. I live in central Illinois and was curious if anyone of you knew of any speed shops around the Chicago area or wherever reasonably close that would be willing to help me out? Don't wanna look like a pansy not doing this myself but I unfortunately do not feel comfortable enough to tackle it myself. Thanks in advance.