break in oil needed? and cam break in???

Ok, finally this winter i swapped out my 5.3 in favor of a used 55k LQ9 from an escalade. I re-gasketed the whole motor, ported and polishd the heads/valve job, installed btr springs, lifters, and pushrods, ls2 chain and ported the oil pump. As well as a new comp cam. Do i need to use break in oil for this? And is there anything special i need to do for a cam break in? Thanks guys

Honestly I have always used just normal engine oil, any brand cheapo oil since it has to come out in 500 miles anyway. Then use the oil of your choice after the 500 mile break in.

Some people will tell you to use synthetic brand names,but I have never had an issue, with any motor I have built, Plus I look at it as your wasting brand name oil to just drain it...

Id do basically the same. When I had my cam ect. done I ran it a couple weeks and drained it but my oil is syn Amsoil. I just dropped it and filled it back with new.

I will leave the break in debate alone.

But with that cam swap you changed out the springs?

and open pressure is what? It's 360psi open in my Camaro

almost twice stock open pressure.

that calls for some good oil. Oil is not what it used to be

then the EPA got involved and the fact that zinc is a cat killer.

hot oil pressure suffers in that car @ 2000 miles with mobile1

Bob is the oil guy dot com is some good reading.

I do not agree when you buy a cam from comp. They provide a list of oil to break in with. I will post later tonight.

I am using rotella for my cam swap.

I like the Rotella T- 6 5W40 I'm using it all the time.with Rislone zinc additivein the car.