Meguiars Pro Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26

I grabbed 2 bottles of Meguairs "Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax 26" and was curious if anyone has any experience with it? I usually go with Nu Finish as I always get great results and long lasting protection.

This Meguiars is claiming great paint protection. Again just checking to see if I am wasting my time.

Thank you in advance.

I like Meguiar's products, my dealership uses the heavy veneer paste wax. I just happen to have great luck with Nu Finish and its results; amazing shine and protection that lasts me a good 2 months (I add about 2-3 coats). Granted it's not an easy product to hand wipe off that is for sure! I Just hope this Meguairs protection is as good as the Nu Finish. Already polished/glazed it with 3M about a week ago.

Welcome back Andrew hope your doing well. I've never had probs with any of there products. I've been using Surf City carnauba wax latley and it works pretty good and easy to wipe off.

^I remember you mentioning surf city before and I was really interested. Considering the 3 series I am detailing is just about the same color as your truck, I may be in touch about where to get the Surf City.

Thank you Jason for the kind words on the return :chevy:

I have used Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax 26 in years past, but always on a RED vehicle. It works, but makes you work also. I now prefer to use the new blended products. Goes on and wipes off much better. The shine will last just as long in my experience.

Good luck

CD

I use meguiars synthetic sealant 2.0 and sell a ton of it to all my paint and detail customers and it works really well and is super easy to work with!! I have never had a complaint about it it's really good!

your local napa also should carry surf city garage also check out there new professional line the man that created used to work for adams and it is top notch stuff

You and Jason have me sold, I need to get some. I've always admired your paint in your sig as well as Jason's.

I have used Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax 26 in years past, but always on a RED vehicle. It works, but makes you work also. I now prefer to use the new blended products. Goes on and wipes off much better. The shine will last just as long in my experience.

Good luck

CD

I just finished a coat on a sedan and it was very easy for application. I do like this stuff just need to check over my detail in the morning. Is it usually only for red paint? I am just looking at the label now and seeing the red hood on the label...I should have payed more attention to the color! Thank you CD.

Yeah Dylan from Adams left and is now with Surf City. They released the 'pro' line a couple weeks ago and he gave us a 50% off intro sale for it on cgm :) so I order several things. Got them a couple days ago, stoked to try em out, like the spray glaze, detail spray with polymer sealant, and the glass sealant. So far heard nothing but good. They are basically Adams, with an OTC side to em

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

^^^^^Really?! I am very interested.... I need to research this when I have time in the next 24-48 hours. My master plan was to detail the truck to my certain specs and then use 3M paint spray protector. 3M is probably a cheap alternative to the real deal clear bra but I cannot afford my whole truck to be clearbra'd currently.

In that case check out the new 'ceramic coating' products. I know Beeds and CeramicPro are the couple big names. It's essentially a thicker, harder clear coat you apply to the paint, supposed to last until 2.5 years. They have videos of it being oil proof (writing on it with a marker), extreme scratch resistant (demonstrated trying to key it), and they were even smashinggg a flash drive into the door.. Yet the paint was perfectly unharmed. It sheets water incredibly too, almost perfectly dry on a pooling rinse. Check it out on YouTube and instagram

They come at a hefty ~$300ish for the full kit, but hell.. If it last THAT long and it THAT strong... Totally worth it imo no more swirl marks in a couple weeks after a fresh polish to say the least lol I'm definitely looking into it before I polish mine again. If all is well I'll go for it

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)