The Storm

rcapone

Sweet lord baby jesus....haha i have a 224/230 .586/.605 113lsa with dbl pac springs w/titanium retainers, arp head studs, LS9 gaskets, ARH 1 7/8" LTs catless, magnaflow and corsa muffler (mufflershop ****ed me on the magnaflow) built to the wall 4L70e(billet servos, 300m output shaft, Wider bands, smartech input housing w/300m billet shaft, circle d 2800stall tripple disc billet...... next on list is tvs2300 at 10psi if i can.... and see what she will do ha ha i have 132k on the engine

• 2 weeks later...

In an effort to lower my shitty 1.83 60', I've decided to pull the trans for a third and hopefully the final time. Shipping the whole thing back to Chuck at FLT Monday or Tuesday to have him put in 2.75 1st and 1.57 2nd gear planetaries. Stock 80e ratios are 2.48 - 1.48, so hopefully this will help me out off the line fingersx.gif. Got the new gears ordered this morning and should hopefully have them by early next week!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

They were like 700$ from Hughes Racing. TCI makes some that PATC uses in some of their trans builds but I found out from Chuck at FLT the TCI ones are horrible quality and are pitted everywhere which makes them very unstable and would most likely break under high boost. I called PATC to confirm who manufactures those gears and the dude told me TCI - I even questioned him about the quality so he went back and actually looked at the gears for me and told me, "they look pretty rough". Glad I found the ones from Hughes. There they use stock GM gears and modify them to the new gear ratios.

Really? I thought the Maggie launces just as good or better with little to no stall? Did you get the trans brake option on yours?

Nah i didn't. Just talking out my ass. :lol: I don't have any track time with my Maggie yet. Are you launching at idle?

That's interesting that Donnie is using our old CAD design for the tank. Looks like he moved to a larger lid for the "ice box" instead of the smaller lid we had him use for the nitrous stand alone tanks we had him making.

He does do quality work and for the price I saved so much time over making the damn things myself. Good Buy for sure!

Only worked a half day today so I decided to take the SS out for a little spin since I haven't driven her in a quite a while - So much more fun to drive than my beastly DD! Anyway, got home and decided to install the ice tank. I'll re-route the lines this weekend if the weather's not too bad

Old fender support bracket...

20150130_141800.jpg

New spare battery bracket...

20150130_141901_1.jpg

20150130_155604.jpg

Existing reservoir...

20150130_155709_1.jpg

Existing Bosch pump location just below reservoir...

20150130_155752.jpg

Does anyone know if I should relocate the pump over to the passenger side - under the new tank perhaps? ...leave the pump where it's at or leave the pump where it's at and install a new one under the new ice tank so I have 2 pumps???

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)